-Chapter 16-

(Double update wowooww; u guys can thank @limblesshajime_321 for this one ^.^)

Jataro's POV:

Masaru held us back at first, but the servant giggled and held up his hands in defense. "I have nothing against you guys... please trust me." He smiled.

Masaru out his arms down and glared at the servant. He then held out his hand to him.

"Since you're gonna be coming with us. Let's get a little more buddy buddy alright? I'm Masaru. What's your name?"

The servant held out his hand and shook Masaru's. "I'm Nagito Komaeda. You can count on me until the end." Nagito smiled and turned around.

"This way you guys, come on." He led us through lots of hallways and it almost felt like every hallway we entered had a new aura, one that teamed with despair. The worst part was...

We could still hear Nagisa's screams echoing throughout the building. The walls were thin so everywhere we went, all we heard was Nagisa's pleads.

I felt so awful leaving him behind... but at the same time, I felt like he could definitely get out of here by himself. He's super smart, after all.

Nagito finally stopped at the front of a small sofa at the end of the East hall. There were blue lights spouting from every corner. To be honest, I didn't even know this place existed.

The location we've been staying at is huge... there's no way is be able to find this little area on my own.

But now that I'm here, it does look quite peaceful. I put my hands to my chest, smiling softly.

 I put my hands to my chest, smiling softly

(Author was lazy and doodled smth)

Nagito pointed to a small hole in the wall. "This is your escape. This is our escape." Masaru took Kotoko's hand and said he would go first.

"Make sure Jataro is okay, alright?" Kotoko nodded and watch Masaru position himself in the tunnel. It almost looked like a slide. Masaru looked back at us omce more and smiled brightly.

"See you guys on the other side!" He then slid down the tunnel and we didn't hear another word out of him

It was only soon after that we heard his voice echo up the slide.

"I'm alright! I'm outside!" Kotoko and I smiled at each other, then up at Nagito.

Kotoko raised her hand "I'll go next, don't be scared!" She hung her legs over the edge of the slide and smiled back at me.

"Come on Jataro! Let's get out of here together!" She then slid down the slide while screaming "WEEEEEEEEEEE-!"

I looked down and then at Nagito. He nodded at me and told me I could go first. I looked down the empty slide. It looked like an abyss; I think that's why I was so frightened.

I positioned my legs and gripped the sides of the slide tightly. I smiled to myself and whispered "For Nagisa..." I smiled back at Nagito brightly.

"FOR THE WARRIORS OF HOPE!" And without hesitation, I slid down the slide

"FOR THE WARRIORS OF HOPE!" And without hesitation, I slid down the slide. I closed my eyes and imagined what would be on the other end.

A palace?

Nah...

My friends waiting for me while holding gallons of ice cream?

Maybe...!

Maybe Nagisa...?

...

I could eventually hear Kotoko and Masaru whispering amongst themselves as I reached the bottom.

"Is he alright?"

"I hope so... I didn't see him go down."

"Let's just hope that-"

"AHHHHH-!" I landed on both of them and we all began to laugh together.

Moments later, Nagito slid down as well. However, be had a panicked look on his face. He picked up Masaru on his shoulders, carried me in one arm, and grabbed Kotoko's hand, swiftly pulling us away from the hideout.

"Hey, what's going on?" Asked Masaru. Clearly I wasn't the only one confused...

"The bomb."

We all bolted our eyes at Nagito.

Kotoko was the first to speak up. "W-What bomb? What do you mean bomb?! What're you-" she was cut off by Nagito staring at her intesly.

"There's a bomb in that building. It'll go off soon."

But wait...

Nagisa's still...

We all went pale.

||oh no D:
              ~Author||

_________________
Word Count: 691
_________________

Chapter Art by: Virtuous-Bunny