18~ First Step Of It.

BORNO EMIRATE COUNCIL.

"I hope they are all ours please. Why are they even bringing this much expensive stuff? To show off?" Tasneem asked no one in particular but kept eyeing the boxes in a puzzled way. She's never seen thing as expensive as that her entire nineteen years old of living.

"Good day, everyone. We are all gathered here to seek for Suhayr's hand in marriage. We, the royal family members know about their secret marriage but the world don't know about it so we are going to take each step like we, the Kanuris traditionally do. This is the first step of it, the gaisuwa; seeking for her hand in marriage along with fixing date." The voice makes Suhayr shudder in unease because of the power it drips.

She could clearly see where Sa'eed got his power having been brought up amidst powerful people, he is ought to learn how to talk like them too. This is no doubt the voice of the King, the Shehu of Borno State. She heard the queen talking about him joining the entourage earlier because it is in the palace so there is no doubt that this is his voice. The power it oozes screams how much of authority he has even with hand gestures. His voice is way too powerful, yes, like an Alpha King.

"Traditionally, the groom's side are to bring boxes to the bride's family which we have brought here with us. The wedding is no doubt going to take place in two days time, hope that is okay?" Woah, Suhayr never thought he would ask something since he has been demanding.

Not that this sounded like a question, it was an order.

"No problem, your Majesty." Urshia's tiny gentle voice cut through the air unlike the one that just kept quite. It makes it balance in some kind of way.

"I hope we can see her face now?" He asked again but Suhayr could swear he was demanding her to raise her head up and that is what she did. She can't help the feeling that took over her, she needs to see.

Their eyes clashed instantly as she raise her head up to look at him. His eyes have wrinkles by the end of it, his thin nose faltering a bit due to old age. The sides of his lips have crinkled too, probably due to too much commanding or silent smirks like his grandson. His skin is fair, maybe as fair as Sa'eed's or even much more fairer but she can't tell with his face almost closed whole. His eyes held recognition, probably because he is also a Chadian like her.

She knows all her people, even from miles away.

He is wearing a merlot coloured alkyabba, she doesn't know what that is embroidered with golden. His face and head are also wrapped up around his complicated turban, closing the sides of his face down to his neck like a shayla. There is a gold dandy skull walking stick stuck in his right hand, the golden handle standing just beside his face touching the turban he has on. Well, he is handsome even with his age of seventy, just a wild guess her head made at the moment.

"Good afternoon, your Majesty." She greeted, not bowing her head or even casting her eyes down wards. She let them stay fixated in his challenging mischievous ones.

"Good afternoon, Suhayr." He let out a small smile making her shoulders sag and to release a huge smile of her own rendering him blind with her beauty.

The Shehu chuckled internally seeing the beautiful Chadian in front of him. Even he wouldn't have escaped the clutches of such attractive woman if he was in his grandson's age. She is the real definition of beauty. Right from her blinding smile, to the widening of her pink lips, her oval shaped eyes that are filled with mischievousness, he knew just what to do. The medium cute shaped face, button nose makes her look really young but full of spirit.