51~

BORNO EMIRATE COUNCIL.

Dadda'u Garbai El-Kanemi stared at his phone for a long time while trying to see what is going on there. His friend just posted something about his wife been sick and needing help with prayers or even renowned doctors that can cure her cancer. Well, not exactly his friend but someone close to him which means the situation is grievous, he wish he can help but he can't. Not when this person is way more influential than he can ever be. He also don't like interfering in personal matters that he is not officially invited into, he likes to keep his space to himself known as the Shehu of Borno State.

The great royal consort of Egypt is sick.

It is not in his personality to do that so he won't talk about it. The Pharaoh of Egypt, Sheikh Muhammad Aaliy, is undergoing all that alone but since he has two wives, the country won't be as shocked as they should be. Anyone fighting cancer is eating up his day, especially cancer like hers, she most probably won't be able to survive it. They have already started the chemotherapy and if that doesn't work, there is no option out there left for them except prayers and waiting for miracle. It is hard knowing you are counting down your days but you are also not supposed to take off good expectations from Allah in your heart which is probably what they are doing now.

What struck the Shehu of Borno more about the new information he is trying to gouge out from the picture his chief in waiting sent him is of the woman. She looks ridiculously like his new granddaughter in-law that he saw just few days ago. He can't say that this is old age and that he is seeing things, this is real because the chief wouldn't have given him the photo to see had it been he didn't also see the absurd recognition between the two of them. Even the blind could feel this type of resemblance, he isn't that old too.

You can't miss it out, as soon as you stare at the photo, you'd see the little difference they have and multitude of resemblance which he is still trying to come off with something to name it. Something is definitely fishy here and he wants to unravel it himself, he will still need his wife for her idea about everything is what matters to him most. He can step down the throne if she will say it is not good for him, he knows she always means good even though with so much pampering, everybody loves and respect her. She's spoiled everyone around her, the people she loves and once she abhors you, you are done for.

When he met her years ago, she was simply the strongest woman he has ever come across. Her parents were both fight cancer then, there was no therapy to help them except for local herbs that they think will help. Even going through so much, she smiles and talks to him like nothing is happening back in her home, like her stepmother is not making her eat sand for dinner when the visitors leave the house. She's gone through a lot, he took an oath to make her happy even though he won't be able to rinse her past but he created loving ones. He created a lot of more beautiful ones that has probably erased the horrible past.

"Get me her royal majesty now." He said to the guards beside him in the throne room, this needs to be act upon immediately before it deteriorates which is something far from his nature. He likes keeping everything under control, it comes with the royal blood.

"Your Majesty, you request my presence?" Her royal majesty exclaimed in a voice that sounds teasing even to her ears but that is what she intend to do, tease her handsome olé husband.

"Areedah, I have something for you." He called out from his modern century sofa that is by the far end of the throne room, where he relaxes after reading and going through so many subjects of his people, it's so tiring. He could detect backache, he might as well soak in bath after this.

"Oh, what could that be, dear husband?" She sat down close to him, crossing her legs aristocratically like those etiquette and protocols taught to her many years ago, she hasn't forgotten none.