I heard Nickolas screaming my name, but I didn't care. I heard his wolf panting as he chased after me, but I was smaller and quicker. I suddenly stopped running and quickly turned around, causing Nickolas to slip from trying to turn so sharply. 

I howled in joy and kept running to the house. Once I reached it, I turned around and ran to the garden, where I peed on the peach tree. I ran towards the fountain and jumped in, splashing around, before I decided to go to the boulders the kids usually climbed. 

At this point, I saw Nickolas's white wolf sitting in the middle of the field, watching me. 

Nickolas

Something was very different about my mate. I knew the moment I saw her wolf. I've never heard of a beta-born wolf being born with white fur; it could just be a genetic mutation though.

Lexi

I barked, demanding he played with me instead of sitting and watching me. Together we play wrestled on the ground before I raced and beat him. Then I tried biting his hind leg while he fake whimpered.

I ran circles around the field, sliding into patches with grass wet with dew. I ran for about an hour, making Nickolas play with me, before I decided my wolf was tired.

In my joy of being outside, I didn't think to take my clothes off before shifting, and I had none left. I barked at Nickolas, who was facing the same problem. We walked over to the back door, to find we couldn't get in because of our lack of hands.

I stood up on my hind legs and started scratching at the door until a guard opened it. Seeing our wolves he let us both in and opened the bedroom door for us. 

I took a suitcase in my mouth and hid in the closet before shifting and getting dressed. 

Nickolas came out of the bathroom a few seconds after. We glanced at each other before we burst out laughing. That guard's face was permanently in my mind.

"And you thought I was running away!"
"Wouldn't be the first time you did."
"But I promised. Besides it was my wolf going crazy!"
"And is your wolf tired now?" Yes, very.
"Yep."

"Good. Now tell me why your wolf is white?" he asked seriously.

"Um, because that's how she came?" I answered uncertainly.

"The first time you shifted, your wolf was white?" 

"Yeah." 

"Why?" I scrunched my eyebrows together. I knew white wolves were really rare. In fact, I think Nickolas's wolf is the only other one I've ever seen in person.

"What grade were you in, in school?"

"I was almost done with 9th grade." 

"You never took Life Science then?"

"No, I think I'm supposed to take that in 11th, why?" My curiosity was rising with each second.

"Who has seen your wolf?" he asked, ignoring my previous question.

"No one really; just my family and Aaron. My parents told me I shouldn't shift too much."

"Did they say why?"
"Just that it can be difficult to control my wolf sometimes. I don't think anyone else has ever seen my wolf. Why?" 

"Nothing you need to worry about right now. But, I have surprise for you." He smiled.

"Is it letting me out to the village?"

"No. Now lets go." 

I groaned before following Nickolas outside again and towards his car. I opened the door and he turned the engine. We drove away from the village and to the gates. It was very rare for me to get out of the gates, mainly because everything I needed was on the territory. Except the grocery store, but the Alfa and moms usually took care of that.