Chapter 18

Nickolas

I beam proudly as the crowds cheer for my mate; it’s always a relief when the pack accepts the mate of their Alpha, not that they really have a choice. I let them quiet down before continuing.

“I have recently been informed that Lexi was born as an Alpha along with being my mate, therefore I expect each of you to treat her the way she deserves to be treated.” The pack in turn began roaring with excitement; this was ecstatic. 

Lexi smiled shyly at the crowds, letting her hair fall in front of her face. I tuck the strands behind her ear and give her a soft peck on her lips before announcing the party to continue.

“I’m hungry; when’s dinner?” She asks as we stepped off the stage.

“In about an hour. But there should be some finger foods by the entrance. I’ll go with you.” I smile down at her. 

“No! I mean, I have to go to the bathroom first and stuff. Why don’t you go request a song from the DJ?” She suggested.

“Sure.” I smiled and quickly hugged her. She left and walked towards the direction of the restrooms.

My mate. Yes she is. 

Lexi

Once my vision was restored, I spotted Aaron in the crowds. His face was unreadable; I couldn’t tell if he was angry or upset or relieved. Our eyes met for a few seconds before he turned around and walked through the crowds. My eyes followed him as he walked through the main doors.

I made up an excuse about being hungry and going to the bathroom to leave Nickolas behind. I followed Aaron’s path and left the building as well. No one even noticed me leave, making it easier to do so.

Once outside I couldn’t see Aaron, but I was able to pick up his scent and follow it.

Holding my black heels in my hands, I traced him through the forest and over the river; it was already clear to me where he’d gone. 

The sun was still up high once I reached the caves. Aaron sat right in front of them, on top of a boulder. He was facing away from me and had taken off his jacket so he was wearing his dress shirt and pants.

“Aaron?” I called out to get his attention.

“Lexi.” He turned around and smiled at me.

Nickolas

Almost half an hour had passes since I’ve seen Lexi. I had been greeting the pack members and thanking everyone for their support towards my mate. I was grateful for the lack of females yearning my attention.

 They seem to have realized I fully accept my mate and don’t plan on leaving her or letting her leave me. I craved Lexi too much to every think about that. 

But she obviously wasn’t by my side.

Where is she? In the bathroom. But she’s taking a while.