Chapter 2

Lexi

I gasp as this crazy guy yanks Aaron away from me. He turns and faces me. "Mine!" he shouts. I ignore him as I kneel down to Aaron who's on the floor.
"What the hell!" I scream to the guy. I study his face for a moment; Nickolas. "Mine!" he growls again.

"Get the hell away from him!" I scream, trying to get Aaron up. He wraps his arms around my waist and hoists himself up. Nickolas immediately grabs him up and yells profanities at his face.

"Get the fuck off my boyfriend!" I shout angrily. And he freezes. He drops Aaron to the ground after a few seconds. I try to get to him, to help him, but Nickolas catches me. Electricity surges through me, my body on fire.

Mate!

"Mate!" Nickolas sings out, grinning widely.
"What are you talking about?" I demand.
"You're my mate!" He announces before hugging me.

My wolf howls in happiness and I can sense her shaking from joy. I'm in complete shock. What? He isn't my mate. I already have my mate. This guy's mate is some other girl. It's one of the girls at the party. I'm not his mate. Aaron sitting on the floor with silent tears running down his cheeks brings me back.

I shove Nickolas off me and kneel in front of Aaron.
"No! No you're my mate!" I cry, ignoring the howls of my wolf.
"I'm not of age, and he is. You're his." He whimpers.

"You're my mate." Nickolas repeats behind me.
"Shut up! I heard you the first time." I yell at him.

"Aaron, please. I only want you as my mate!" Hot tears burn down my cheeks. I lean in and roughly kiss Aaron before being pulled up by Nickolas.

"He is no longer your boyfriend; I'm your mate." He repeats once again, carrying me away from Aaron and the soccer fields. 
"Let me go! Aaron! Aaron, no!"

I try to fight out of Nickolas's arms, but he just holds me tighter. I finally knee him in the crotch and he drops me as he bends over in pain.

I run to Aaron and grab his hand before running into the forest.

"Shift!" I demand. And we do, not caring about the clothes.
Our wolves start sprinting through the forest towards our old hide out.

We found some boulders years ago deep in the woods and it became our spot. We had clothes in the hollowed out trees in case of emergencies; no one else knows about it.

Aaron and I race into rivers and creeks to cover our scent and zigzagged throughout the forest to avoid getting caught. We hear Nickolas chasing after us but he didn't know the forest as well as we did. We start losing him and are able to relax as we reach the hide out.

Aaron's breathing smooths out and I shift behind a tree. Tossing him some clothes I turn around and let him change. He only wears the basketball shorts.

"Lexi, you're gonna have to go back to him." He speaks quietly, looking at the ground.
"I don't want to, Aaron. I don't want an Alpha as my mate! I don't want to become his Alpha Female! I don't want to love him!" I cry. He hugs me and we stay still, hugging and crying silently.

"I know. And I know I'll always love you no matter what. But you're not my mate. You're Nickolas's mate. You belong with him. And some other girl belongs with me." I whimper at what he's saying.

I always imagined my life with Aaron. I always have a problem against authority and am suited to someone with an equal status as me, like Aaron. I would do horribly beside an Alpha. The thought of spending my life with Nickolas and constantly being near him is sickening.

"Just let me have this time with you. I'll go back, but please, be with me for now." I beg.

"I love you Lexi." Aaron whispers. I sniff a little and lift my face to his. My lips meet his and we kiss, enjoying every moment we have left. He rolls on top of me, without breaking the kiss.