Chapter 27

Liam

“Welcome Sapphire and Tomas (Serenity’s siblings) to the Devrend Pack.” I greet the two warmly and let them into our house. Serenity’s been living with me for four months now, and her parents insisted on sending her siblings to see her new pack. She was excited to see them again, but I was nervous about meeting her older brother. 

Tomas stood tall with dirty blond hair. His eyes were a gray blue and he wore an annoyed expression. He was 21 years old, and without a mate. The poor guy. Even Sapphire found her mate recently; a Beta of another pack.

Tomas never talked to me; his eyes were constantly moving, looking for any sign of his mate. 

“My friends are coming over for dinner, do you guys mind?” Sapphire was distracted, probably mind linking with her mate, who stayed behind, and Tomas just grunts. 

I walk by Serenity, who seductively brushes her hand against my torso. She’s still in heat; around the final day or so. The first day it came was hell; what am I supposed to do when she randomly strips during dinner and begs me to mate her? It was one of the most difficult things I’ve ever had to do to refuse her. 

But her reproductive system cannot be harmed in any way.

But damn, I wanted her heat to end now.

Tomas

I sit down to dinner and start eating. The food was all right, but I didn’t really care. Both of my little sisters now had their mates. Where the hell was mine?

Some knocking on the front door startles me, but then I remember that Liam mentioned some friends coming over. He excuses himself and leaves the dining room. 

“Be nice to Liam.” Serenity scolds me. I glare at her. She has her mate, she doesn’t know what I’m going through.

“Tomas and Sapphire, this is Aaron and Kristen, the other two Betas of this pack.” He introduces a tall, thin, brown haired boy. Behind him stands another woman. I inhale sharply as I see her; her blond hair falls straight down and her blue eyes pierce into me. I let my eyes drop and take in her curvy body. I lick my lips before standing up out of my chair. 

Cautiously she steps towards me  and places her hand on my shoulder. Mine! Instantly I pull her to me and inhale her scent even more. 

It’s so calming and relaxing; I feel like I’m getting high off of it. I don’t hesitate when she reaches up and kisses my cheek; I kiss her lips. It turns to a heated session very quickly and I ignore the clearing of throats behind us.

I’ve been waiting for her son long, and all this time she’s been at my sisters pack. It’s now time to take her back to mine. 

“What’s your name?” I whisper huskily.

“Kristen Root. You?”

“Tomas Ecru. Have you hit heat?” 

“Three times.” She smiles at me.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t there. But I’m here now.” I grin at her.