Chapter 28

Nickolas

I lay unmoving on the bed, fazed with my mate. Heat! She hit heat! Mate! My breathing became very shallow, and I realize Lexi had pulled my shirt off. She leaves wet kisses all over my chest.

I can’t believe I didn’t notice her signs all this time. She’ll always have mood swings with her heat, and since it’s her wolf in control the majority of the time, she’ll want more meat. Her burning skin wasn’t just a figment of my imagination, but she was actually burning with desire. 

This is what I’ve been waiting for, for three years. 

And now that it’s here, I can’t enjoy her; her reproductive system cannot be damaged, not if I want pups in the future. I roll out of bed, out of her grasp. 

“Nickolas.” Lexi scolds me, before crawling to me. Her fingers attempt to pull my boxers down but I stop her.

“Lexi. We can’t.” My voice is shaky. 

“We can. I want you. You know you want me.” She takes my hands and presses them to her breasts before kissing my lips again. 

My stomach churns from the nervous feelings. She pauses to take off her shirt and jumps into my arms. My hands touch her prominent back bone and the ridges of her bones and muscles.

The warmth of her skin relaxes and makes me want her more. I find my hand raising up to unclasp her bra.

“Stop. Lexi, we can’t.” I drop her from my arms and pull my shirt back on. I shover her arms into her own shirt as well.

“You’re my mate. So pleasure me. Enjoy me.” She demands. Her Alpha voice is stronger than ever and I move closer to her. 

“You’re my mate. And I want children in the future.”

“I’ll be fine. Just help me, it hurts.” 

Her voice softens at me and I feel my heart drop. The desire from heat hurts the female, and unless her mate satisfies her, she’ll have to endure the entire thing. 

“I can’t.” I whisper. We have to wait for it to pass.

Lexi lets out a low growl, before charging at me. She knocks me to the bed and rips my shirt off. I desperately grab for it and she takes the chance to strip the rest of my clothes. I grab the blankets to cover my private areas and attempt to get up,  but she holds me down tightly. 

Her eyes scan my naked skin and she proceeds to remove her clothes again. I bite my lip furiously. I want her, so damn much! But I want her to carry my pups. I close my eyes and jump out from under her, running into the bathroom and locking the door. 

She slams her fist against the door, demanding I come out and mate her. The bathroom is cold, and my clothes are still in our room. I guess I can spend the night on some towels. 

I wake with a start, unsure of what woke me exactly. Lexi moans out my name on the other side of the door. It takes me a moment to realize what’s going on with her; like I did a few years ago, she’s pleasuring herself. I want to cry. It could be me making her moan!