Chapter 25

Liam

“My girls should be out with their mother, something about that new mall that opened up. They’ll be home for dinner, hopefully, so help yourself to some snacks and a shower.” Ben walks out his front door, leaving my alone in his large house. Her smell was everywhere.

I arrived at the Jetsons pack a half hour ago and gotten a quick tour of the village. It was certainly smaller than the Devrend pack and the temperature was a lot lower; driving here had been dangerous but we made is here safely. 

The middle aged Alpha of this pack was welcomed by his mate and only son, while Ben’s family were out shopping. I found that to be upsetting until he explained he asked his mate to get the girls out of the house to give me time to prepare.

I waste no time in checking out the kitchen and making myself a sandwich. I explore the rest of the first floor; the bathroom, dining room, living room, an office. I drag my suitcase up to the second floor; the gray guest room was supposed to be for me. I want to wait a bit before learning who my mate is.

It’s the first door I open and I toss my suitcase up. Pulling out my clothes, I quickly hang them up to avoid wrinkling. My temporary room is comfortable and the bathroom is elegant. But I’d much rather sleep in my own room with my mate next to me. 

Ben said he wouldn’t be home for a while, so I decide to look around some more. The master bedroom is entirely green and simple; it’s a comfortable room but offers no personality. 

The room next to that must belong to Ben’s son; the room is neat and clean except for some socks on the floor. This is the guy who would be Beta soon; pack laws in the Jetsons pack stated that a wolf must find their mate to take their position. It was different than my packs law that states a wolf takes position on their 18th birthday-21st for just the Alpha. 

The next room smells of her. The walls are lavender, as is her bedspread. A large make up mirror sits on top of her dark, mahogany dresser. Her entire furniture set is mahogany and looks nice next to the wall paint. Her closet is full of dresses and shoes and her bathroom is littered with make up and lotions.

The next door is white and I smile at the sign. “Keep Out”, like that’s going to stop me. This bedroom is a huge contrast to the other, feminine one. Her walls are a bright, neon green and she has aqua curtains and bedsheets. A white fuzzy rug is placed at the foot of her bed. It’s messier than the other, with some socks and shoes scattered around the floor. 

A glass tank sits on top of her nightstand. Taking a closer look, I realize it’s the home of a small chameleon. All right, she’s an animal lover, like Lexi. It’s fine as long as it stays in its tank. 

I glance into her closet; it’s not as full as her sisters, but she also lots of shorts and t-shirts. She owns several pairs of converse and vans. Her nightstand is stacked with books, including some of my favorites. On her desk rest drawings and sketches; some landscape paintings hang on her wall.

Best of all, her scent is strongest here; this is my mate’s room. 

Now what was her name? Sapphire and Serenity; I couldn’t remember which was described as the girly one and the down to earth one. Of course, I’ll know soon enough, but I just wish there were some photos that could help me. All I’ve seen were family photos when they were all younger.