Chapter 33

Nickolas

“Wait! Please, let me explain!” I beg. Lexi still sat on the bed, her eyes refusing to leave my scar.

“You were the drunk wolf in the forest, you were the one who attacked me, who tried to rape me. That scar is proof that you were drunk! And that you lied to me for almost 4 years.” She states angrily.

 A drunk wolf will not heal as long as they’re drunk; any wounds that are eventually healed will look like a humans wound. My scar healed the next morning, but left a long black gash.

“I know! And I’m not denying it! But you have to understand that I did it for you. I did it for us. You were finally getting used to me, I couldn’t just let you relapse again! I love you.”

“You don’t love me. Someone who loved me would have told me the truth as soon as they found out. I told you years ago how much that night affected me. What that night did to my trust. And you knew the entire time. I hate you.” Her words pierce my heart; I haven’t heard that from her in years, since the time we first met.

“Lexi, I love you. I’ll always love you, and you’ll always love me. And last night was proof that we love each other.” Her faces falls as I speak.

“Oh god. Oh my god. I had sex with the man who tried to rape me. I-I slept with you. I slept with you all these years, with the man who traumatized me. I gave my innocence to you. I fucking gave myself to you.” She starts crying hysterically and pulls the blankets to cover her body. 

I try to hold her in attempt to relax her, but instead she keeps pushing away from me. She gets to the headboard before slapping me, and I stop. I kneel in front of her, on the bed, completely naked and in her view. 

“I gave myself to you to. We love each other, and nothing you say can change that.”

“Last night was a mistake and lie.” She speaks coldly; her breath is shaky and she her tears keep falling.

“Last night was the best night of our lives, and our love was sincere; we’re mates, and I love you more than anything. I’m not asking you to forgive me yet, just listen to me.”

“Do you really think I’ll ever listen to you again? Or love you? I hate you. Get it? I. Hate. You. And I’m leaving.” With that she rolls off the bed with the blanket wrapped around her.

“Where are you going?” I follow her out.

“Home.” 

“This is home.”

“My real home.”

“Which is?”

“Well you’re a liar just like my parents, Liam is already with Serenity, so I’m going to  crash with Aaron.” She turns the front door knob. 

I sprint and grab her, throwing her over my shoulder before carrying her upstairs. She thrashes around and curses at me.

“You’re not going anywhere! This is your home! This is your mansion, your room, your husband and your mate!