Chapter 4

Lexi

I wince and whimper as the doctor secures the cast on my leg. He scolds me a little for not accepting my mate yet and doing this myself; I flip him the finger and order him to leave.

"You're a violent girl, aren't you?" Nickolas smirks at me. "You know, you've got a natural Alpha personality."

"No, I don't." I deny.

"You sort of do. You want everything to go your way, you naturally order everyone around and you've got that headstrong, stubborn personality." He grins. "Just like me." I glare at him until he walks away.

I sit on the bed and keep watching all the wolves carry in new furniture. They're bringing in a bunch of stuff; chests, dressers, a table, but no other bed. I'm hoping Nickolas would have one brought in, because I still do not want to share with him. Instead he walks around the room telling the other wolves what to do.

I sigh thinking about this whole mess. My wolf is refusing to talk to me unless it has something to do about accepting Nickolas, so she is pretty useless. At least it gives me a chance to think.

I have slept in a bed with another boy before, though I don't think saying that to Nickolas will benefit me in anyway. Last night has been the first time I slept with a boy against my will, because that idiot decided to sneak in with me.

If it's not obvious, let me clarify; I do not like Nickolas. He is just way too old for me and a complete stranger.

A few hours later, Nickolas dismisses all the guys and once again locks the door. He inspects the newly decorated room and make a few adjustments and changes.

"Like it?" He smiles at me. I look around the room.

"They didn't bring an extra bed." I complain.
"Well, we won't need one."
"Where will you sleep?"
"In my bed."
"Then where will I sleep? And you better not say in your bed."

"In my arms." He shrugs. I glare at him once again, which caused him to smile.

"Sorry, but we are expected to sleep with each other as mates. That is, if you accept me as your mate." He speaks quietly.

"No. But would it kill you to get me some food?" I have not eaten since lunch the day before, and it's almost dinner time now.

"Right. I'm sorry." He picks up his phone and orders some food to be brought up.

This dude has cooks just waiting to make him food?

"Do you have any crutches?" I ask once he puts the phone down.
"Why?"
"I want to explore this room, then the house." That's just the way I am; I'm curious and just want to touch anything shiny. 
"You can explore the room." He says, pulling over a chair on wheels. "But not the house. Not yet anyway." Jerk.

I pout, but still go to sit on the chair. He pushes me all over the new room, which looks and feels almost like an apartment. Aside from the large bed and dressers every room usually has, he also has couches, tables, a desk and a pool table. I admit, it's an awesome room now.

"This is the bathroom." He shows me, opening some doors. "Do you like it?"
"It's beautiful." I breathe, and it is absolutely gorgeous. I hate to admit it, but Nickolas has pretty good taste.

I suddenly hear a knock at the door and Nickolas leaves for a few moments, returning with cart full of food.

"Dinner is served." He announces as he assembles plates of food, cups and silverware on the new dining table. 
"I kinda only wanted a sandwich, but alright." I sit down to pasta and salad.

"Can I ask you something that won't make you mad at me?" he asks as I swallow some pasta. 
"Depends on the question."

"What do you hate about me? Other than me not being Aaron."