Chapter 7

Lexi

"When can I go freely in the village again?" I ask as we walk towards his room. My tears have dried.

"When you allow me to mark you." I groan at that; no way is he marking me. I open his door and notice a new door attached to his room.

"What's that?" I point at it.
"Another room." I eagerly walk over to it. Maybe it's a new bedroom! Nope...it's a big ass empty closet. 

"You needed another closet?"
"Yep, for you. Go start filling it with the clothes we just bought."
"Oh, thanks. Which bags are mine?"

"All of them. Except this one. You'll see this later." He picks one bag out. I stare at the remaining bags on the floor. Where the hell did this come from? There were at least 15 bags.

Pulling apart each bag, I yank of the price tag and hang it up. I notice Nickolas has decided to buy me some extra clothing, some make up and hair products and even lingerie.

"I'm not wearing this." I snap, throwing a red lace bra at him. I find the matching underwear and throw that as well. "Or this." I toss him some black bras and more tiny underwear.

"I'm sorry, thought that's what every girl wore nowadays."
"Yeah right."  He puts them in a shelf in his closet. "You're going to return those, right?"
"Not today, the mall is far away."
"Fine."

I continue hanging up all the clothes I picked out along with the tennis shoes, converse and sandals. I'm refusing to touch the ones Nickolas picked. Seeing this, he sighs and hangs up the dresses he bought me along with the other clothes and heels. I did however accept the make-up and curling iron. 

He stops in front of my four suitcases; I've been here a week and I've refused to unpack them. 

"You want me to help you with these?" He asks. I don't answer. He opens a suitcase and pulls out my pairs of shoes. He lines them inside my closet. I continue watching him put my clothes away.

Seeing him open the suitcase with my underclothing, I get up and take over. I really don't want anyone handling these clothes.

My new closet now looks pretty good.

"Nickolas! I'm bored!" I plop on top of the bed. He plops down next to me.
"Good, let's talk." I'm about to slap him off the bed, but he grabs my hand and kisses it. I pull it back.

"About what?"
"I want to know what happened to you."
"What do you mean?"
"What happened to you to make you hate me? Did someone tell you something or make you do something?"

"No!"
"Then tell me!"
"Nothing happened to me!"
"What did they do!?" He insisted
"Nothing!"
"Lexi-!"

"It's my secret!" I started crying again.
"Lexi, I don't care if you did something, I just need to know what happened."
"Something traumatizing! Alright? I was 12 years old and something happened that completely changed me. And I'm never telling you!" I screamed at him. 

He stared at me, his eyes wide and his mouth parted. I didn't care though. This was my secret, my fear. My parents didn't know about it, only Aaron did. It was part of the reason he became so close to me. But that event broke all my trust, except with Aaron. In fact, that event probably brought me closer than ever to him.

Nickolas just stared at me for a few minutes, processing everything I told him.
"Lexi, I have no idea about what happened to you."
"I know." I had stopped crying.
"I'm really sorry that it happened to you, and if I ever discover what happened, I'll do everything in my power to fix it."

"All right." I refused to look at him. He brought his hand up to my chin and lifted it to I was looking into his eyes.

"I blame myself. If I hadn't gone to Alpha Academy, I would've met you when you were 12, before it happened and could've prevented it. I'm sorry that I ever made you uncomfortable, but I promised you I wouldn't touch you unless you wanted me to. And I really wish I could let you run around to your hearts content, but as your mate my number one priority is your safety. You are not marked yet, which means I'll be with you every moment of every day watching over you. It's my job to protect and love you."