Chapter 12

Nickolas

We continued running until we reached some caves. Lexi shifted behind a tree and I did the same.

Studying this location, I pick up a very strong scent that belongs to Lexi, but an even stronger scent that indicates Aaron has spent much time here. Having only two scents, I realize this place was a private location for the two. My wolf growls at the idea of my mate alone with a different male.

“This place smells like Aaron.” I state the obvious.

“This is where we always hung out.” She shrugs.

“Is this where you two went the day I found you?” 

“Yeah.” I start shaking in anger. 

“This place is my oasis, whenever I’m upset or in a bad mood I always come here. If I had a bad day at school or got into a fight with someone, I come here.” she says. I soften hearing this. These caves must really mean a lot to her and to have her show me them shows she has some trust in me. 

“Thank you for showing me this place.” I smile at her.

“Just so you know, Aaron comes here a lot to.” 

“I figured.”

Silence. I take a seat on the floor.

“Can we talk…about yesterday?” I start off.

“We went swimming.” She stated.

“After that. We…kissed…and I loved it.”

“I don’t care.” she replies coldly.

“So you…regret kissing me?” I’m both angry and devastated.
“I’m not saying that. But…friends don’t kiss each other.”

“Friends…but we’re mates.”

“And you said we should just be friends now.That’s all I want now.” she explains taking a seat on a small boulder.

“Are you scared of having a mate?”

“No, of having a mate I don’t know. Or trust.” my heart saddened hearing her say she still didn’t trust me.

“Why?”

“I’ve heard so many horror stories about males who force mate with the female. I don’t ever want that happening with me. Ever.”

 I stand up and move in front of Lexi; she’s about my height now since she’s sitting on a boulder.

“I promised you a month ago I’d never try anything like that with you. I believe forcing my mate to do something she didn’t want to do is the worst thing I could ever do to you. I need you to understand, I would never even think about doing this to you.”

Silence.

“Please say it.” I pleaded

“I know you’ll never touch me.”
“Even though I really want to.” I smirk.

“Shut your mouth!” She blushes. I made her blush again…success!