Chapter 95: Love & Death

I pushed past Liam and Stiles as fast as I could, tripping over Stiles.

I stood there frozen as I saw the berserker lay a final blow to Derek before I jumped at the sound of a gun.

Braeden shot the berserker til it left, leaving Derek laying there.

I ran as fast as my legs would let me and I dropped to Derek's side.

I looked all over him. He was bleeding from the mouth, never a good sign.

My hands stopped where his was, shaking in pain and covered in blood.

It was bad.

"How bad is it?" Stiles asked.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Just get to Scott. Just find him," Derek said slowly. "We'll be right behind you. Go. Go!"

I couldn't peel my eyes off Derek and his wound. He was a terrible liar.

"Hey, hey, save him," Derek told Stiles before it was just us in the darkness.

I quickly yanked myself out of my shocked trance and applied pressure to his wound.

Derek winced and slightly laughed. "Lydia was right."

"No, no. I won't. You're going to make it. It's okay, I got you, you're going to be okay. It's going to be okay," I stumbled over my words, his warm blood covering my oozing over my hands as I took his pain, trying to blink my tears away.

"It's a mortal wound, and I'm feeling pretty mortal."
I suddenly took my eyes off his wound and looked at his eyes. He slowly raised a hand to my cheek brushing away the tears I didn't know were falling. My throat burned and clenched up as the tears continued.

"Hey, hey," he slowly said, trying to sit up, concerned with my tears more than his fatal wound.
I shook my head. "You need.. need to try not to move, we need to stop the bleeding."

"Hey," he repeated softly, his hand gently resting on my forearm, and I looked up at him again. "You need to watch how much pain your taking."

I didn't care. I'd take all his pain away, I didn't care if it killed me.

I shook my head, more tears falling.

His hand slowly tried to pull mine away, but I was too strong. He then found my cheek again and made me look at him.

"Please," he whispered.

I slowly stopped taking his pain, giving myself a rest.

I looked him up and down, trying to stop the bleeding to know avail.

His breathing was getting shallow and his hands shook in pain. I softly took it and he squeezed my hand.

Breaden was off shooting something or someone. I couldn't help, I couldn't focus on that. I could only focus on the pain my heart was feeling at the sight of Derek in front of me.

Dying in pain.

He was dying. 

No. I couldn't let him.

I hadn't accepted it yet.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. "You need to stay awake," I said, as his eyes started to droop. "I know it's hard, just listen to my voice."

He slightly smiled and nodded.

I had to think of something to say.

"After all this," I started slowly. "I've always wanted to buy a house. We could get one with a nice yard for the kids. We could have a normal life. Where we don't have to do this all the time. We could get a house up north. Imagine having snow every Christmas. It needs to have a porch so when we get old and gray we can rock out there and argue about the weather," my words felt like gibberish. Did they even make sense? All of that seems impossible, especially since all I wanted right now was for him to stay awake. Stay alive.