Chapter 70: Ends With The Truth

I ran into the station but it was too late the bomb had already gone off.

"Derek!" I shouted trying to find him in all the rubble and fallen police officers.

I saw Chris stand up and I ran over and saw Derek slowly get up, almost falling over as Chris grabbed his shoulders.

I ran over.

"I'm fine," Derek winced, glass imbedded all in his back.

"You saved me," Chris said amazed.

"We need to get the glass out," I said as paramedics started arriving.

Chris quickly led him into another room and had him sit down on a bench.

Chris searched some drawers and finally found some tweezers and some brandy.

Chris poured the alcohol on the tweezers as I gently took Derek's jacket off and his shirt.

Chris sat behind him once his back was exposed and I got up.

"I'll go grab another shirt," I said, throwing the bloody one away.

I started to leave when Derek's fingers grazed mine and I felt his pain.

I turned and saw him looking at me.

"Stay.... please..." he whispered for just us to hear.

I quickly came over, grabbing a seat in front of him and took his hand in mine, placing it on my lap.
I brushed my fingers gently through his hair as he rested his head on my shoulder and squeezed my hand as Chris worked and I took his pain as much as I could.

I gently caressed his cheek with my thumb and kissed his shoulder as he gripped my waist, holding his breath.

"One last one," Chris said. "It's a big one."

Derek took a deep breath, bracing himself.

"One, Two, Chris counted.

"Three!"

I kissed Derek, cupping his face, pressing myself against him.

He slowly kissed me back, his hand cupping my face.

I pulled away slowly, Derek's hand still holding my face.

His eyes remained closed for a second until he slowly looked up at me.

I hadn't noticed Chris had stepped out and was now back with a T-shirt.

He handed it to Derek who took it as I checked his back, gently letting my fingers dance over the healed skin.

I felt Derek suck in a deep breath as goosebumps appeared on his skin.

I placed gauze on his back to hide that he healed and  came back around and gently grabbed his chin and kissed him.

Officers then came in and pulled me away, cuffing him quickly.

I went to say something but stopped as I was being pulled away.

They took Derek and Chris away and I stared at Derek until I didn't see him anymore.

I stood there just staring.

What if that was the last time I ever got to be in the same room as him without glass and bars?

I bit my nails when Stilinski came in.

"Beth?" He asked.

I turned and looked at him before I shrugged.

"I Uh... Derek... um..." I shook my head.

I left and went back to the loft.

I fell onto the bed and rubbed my face.
~
I woke up to the sound of the door opening.

I shot up and my claws extended.

I cautiously started to walk towards the door when I smelled cinnamon.

I retracted my claws and turned the corner and saw Derek standing there.

"Derek?" I whispered.

I quickly ran to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He stood to his full height, picking me off the ground.

"How did they even let you go?"

"Stilinski."

He set me down and I stared at him.

"What?" I asked, as he stared at me like a kid during Christmas.

He quickly kissed me, picking me up and setting me on the table, kissing me with eagerness and passion.

"Derek..." I started but he just hummed and continued to kiss my neck.

Whatever I was going to tell him could wait.
~
I stared at the wall as Derek gently brushed his fingers up and down my back.

"Derek?" I whispered, looking at him.

"Hmm?" He hummed, brushing my hair behind my ears.

I placed my hand under my chin on his chest and softly tapped my finger nervously.

I slowly sat up and brought the sheet up to my chin and Derek sat up.

I took a deep breath. "I'm pregnant."

He slowly raised his eyebrows. "Really?" He asked and I nodded.

He smiled and took my hand before I wrapped my arms around him.

He softly laughed into my neck and I did too as I brushed my tears away.