Chapter 50: Ambulance Confessions

"Let her go," Derek said.

I growled and looked at him. I knew she was still part of the plan. I let her go and glared at her.

"Deucalion doesn't just want an Alpha pack. He wants perfection. That means adding the rarest of alphas to his ranks," she said.

"A true Alpha," Peter said amazed.

"What's that?" Scott asked.

"The kind that doesn't have to steal his power from another," Derek explained.

"One that can rise by the force of his own will," Peter continued. "Our little Scott."

"It doesn't matter," Scott replied. "We still need to get her out of here."

"Scott, your mom-" Stiles started.

"My mom said there's one more ambulance coming in 20 minutes. And I don't think we've been here that long, so if we can get down to the garage, get to the last ambulance, we can get out of here."

"The twins aren't gonna let us just walk out."

"I'll distract them," Scott shrugged.

"You mean fight them."

"Whatever I have to do."

"I'll help you," Derek said.

"Um, sorry, but I'm not going anywhere without you, Derek," Jeniffer said.

I shot her a look.

"I'll do it," Peter said. "But I'd prefer to be out there with an advantage."

"An advantage like what? You mean like a weapon?" Stiles asked.

"Something better than a baseball bat," Peter said, glancing at Stiles who gripped his bat tighter and was slightly offended.

We all started looking for something that could help us.

"Hey, wait. What about these?" Stiles asked holding up a defibrillator.

"Do you know how to use those?" Derek asked.

"Well, no."

"Put them down."

"Epinephrine?" Scott said, holding a huge syringe.

"That's only gonna make him stronger," Derek explained.

"How strong?" Peter asked and we all looked at each other.

"It'll work," Derek said.

"That's a big needle," Peter said.

"Come on, your not scared of a needle are you?" I asked, taking the syringe from Scott.

"Derek, your wife-"

Before he could ask for Derek to stop me I jabbed it into his chest and pushed all the liquid into him.

"All right, boys. Let's rumble," Peter said, walking out with the syringe still in his chest with Scott as the rest of us ran down.

"It's still here! Derek, over here," Stiles said, opening the doors of the ambulance.

Derek placed Cora on the stretcher and Stiles and I got into the back.

"Julia," Kali's voice taunted.

Stiles closed the ambulance doors before I could get out and he placed a hand over my mouth.

"It is you," Kali said.

"You can't beat her on your own," I heard Jeniffer say.

"That's why we're gonna run," Derek said and I saw them run in the other direction, Kali following.