Chapter 20: New Alpha

I woke up, the sound of ringing in my ears. I slowly shifted, the feeling of dead leaves around me.

I looked up and saw the Alpha on fire.

I laid there in shock. What had I missed?! How long had I been laying here?!

I slowly stood up, shaky at first.

I saw the Alpha slowly walk off and fall down, Peter back to normal.

I saw Derek approach him.

I saw his claws come out.

"Wait! You said the cure comes from the one who bit you," Scott said, coming up to him and I ran up to them.

"Derek. If you do this, I'm dead. Her father, her family What am I supposed to do?" Scott asked.

I looked at Derek who looked at me.

"Derek..." I said slowly, reminding him, through all of this Scott needed to remain innocent.

"You've already decided," Peter taunted. "I can smell it on you!"

Derek raised his hand.

"Wait! No, no! Don't!" Scott yelled but was too late.
Derek slashed Peter's neck, killing him.

I looked away and gently placed a hand on Scott's shoulder.

Derek looked over his shoulder, his eyes turning red.
"I'm the Alpha now," he said.

I stared at him.

I couldn't help but think this wasn't about keeping Scott innocent, but giving Derek power.

However maybe not.

I couldn't make sense of anything anymore especially Derek. The only thing I knew for certain was my feelings. They were strong and powerful and I couldn't stay away from him. 

I turned and walked away.

For once I didn't know what was happening next.

Derek was acquitted, alpha and Scott now probably hated him. He no longer could be around Allison and Peter was dead.

But who's the killer? The one who did it, or the one who asked him to do it?

My eyes may still be amber, but I felt them turn blue on the inside.

I just ripped a tear between Scott and Derek's relationship, one that might never repair.