Chapter 45: The Hunted And The Hunter

"Are you kidding me?" Allison asked after Scott just told her about her mom holding him hostage and almost killing him, Derek, and I. "She tried killing you?"

"Uh, yeah, yeah," Scott slowly answered.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I-I couldn't. Allison, I couldn't let that be the last memory that you had of her."

"Are you sure?"

Scott slowly nodded.

"Why don't you," I said turning to Scott. "Start searching for Boyd and Cora while Allison can go home?"

The two listened and as they left Derek came back with someone in his arms.

He was looking for Erica and he found her.

I rushed over and gently ran my hand across her forehead which was cold and waxy.

I slowly covered my mouth.

She was dead.

I heard Derek's breath shaky and his heart pounding.

I slowly placed a hand on his shoulder.

She was only sixteen and dead and her family was going to find out.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "We need to find Cora and Boyd."

We started our search after we left Erica somewhere to be found since we didn't have time to burry her.

I slowly intertwined our hands and gave his a gently squeeze.

He didn't say anything as he walked away.

We found tracks and called Scott who when arriving was on the phone.

I probably shouldn't listen in but I couldn't help but hear it.

"Throat ripped out, blood everywhere," Stiles voice said. "It's like the frickin' shining over here. Two little twin girls come out of the woods, start asking me to play with them forever and ever, I'm not gonna be surprised."

"Can you get a little closer to make sure it was them?" Scott asked.

"Make sure it was them? Scott, who else is going around ripping throats out?"

"Please just do it."

Scott hung up as Isaac met us.

"This doesn't make any sense," Derek thought. "The public pool is all the way on the other side of the woods. We haven't tracked them anywhere near there," he said after Scott told us what Stiles found.

"Derek, they killed someone," Scott said.

"How are they moving so fast?"

"Derek."

"But they can't be that fast on foot."

"They killed someone. Some totally innocent kid is dead And it's our fault."

"It's my fault," Derek somberly said.

I gently placed my hand on his arm.

"No it's not," I whispered.

Scott sighed and looked at me and I glared at him.

"Placing the blame on ourselves is not necessary! It's Deucalion's!" I said.

Everyone was quiet a moment.

"We need help," Scott said.

"We have Isaac now," Derek said.