Chapter 63: Nightfall

I woke up from our short nap since we went to bed in the early morning technically and showered and got dressed.

I texted Stiles and we decided to meet up for some coffee so I could get his keys.

I quickly left a note for Derek saying where I would be and I kissed his cheek and placed the blanket over him. I turned the baby monitor on after checking on the kids and placed it by his side. I then grabbed my purse and headed out.

I arrived at the coffee shop and ordered, waiting for Stiles who arrived late.

He seemed flustered and someone who really didn't need any caffeine. Good thing I ordered us hot chocolates.

"Hey," I said as he sat down.

He drummed his fingers on the table. "Hey... so... the party..."

"Yeah..." I sighed. "I know it wasn't really you're guys fault-"

"No I understand," he said, handing over a key.

I raised my eyebrow at him and tilted my head. "Really? You act like I just met you."

He sighed and slouched in defeat, placing his spare on the table.

"You know what if I need that?" He asked.

"I'm pretty sure if you really need in we will be there."

He crossed his arms and slowly nodded.

I studied him.

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked.

"Yeah why?"

"That's a lie."

"You know you using your super powers is not fair!"

"Stiles..." I said, worried.

"I'm fine, really."

"When's the last time you even slept?"

He didn't answer and I huffed.

"Stiles, we all have limits... you need to take care of yourself."

He nodded, his leg bouncing with speed.

"Stiles," I said, grabbing his attention. "I think we need to visit Melissa."

~

We walked into the hospital and went to the front desk.

"Hi I uh, need to see Dr. Gardner," Stiles stuttered.

"Dr. Gardner's not back until next week. Do you want to try waiting for one of the urgent care doctors or..."

Stiles was looking around and I turned and didn't see anyone.

"Stiles?" I asked as Melissa came down the hall and noticed him and came to his side.

"Are you alright?" Melissa asked.

"I don't know... I guess- I guess not really," Stiles said nervously.

"Hey it's alright, come with me," Melissa said, leading him into a room.

She had Stiles sit on the bed and started taking notes.

"Blackouts?" She asked.

Stiles slowly nodded. "But not for that long. And sleepwalking, which I used to do a lot as a kid. Um Also having some really bad anxiety," he continued rubbing his neck.

"Panic attacks?"

"Yeah, a couple. Oh, and I temporarily lost the ability to read. But that might have had more to do with this giant magic tree and a whole human sacrifice thing."