Chapter 64: The Seal Is Broken

Derek slowly wiped the blood off my hands.

I couldn't keep them from shaking.

"Hey," he whispered, slowly cupping my cheek.

"How can you be so calm while they are out there and we're stuck in here and there's a man - Scott's father bleeding out?!" I whispered harshly back.

He finished whipping my hands and sighed, placing his hands on the counter.

"I don't know," he answered.

I rubbed my forehead and took a deep breath.

"Hey," he whispered again, slowly placing his hands on my shoulders.

I relaxed a bit as he rubbed them.

"We've made it through worse, and Scott's a fighter and I'm sure he didn't get it all from his mom," Derek said.

I lightly chuckled and shook my head.
"You'd be surprised, I'm going to give Melissa some more towels," I said, gently placing my hand on his chest and grabbing the towels.

"Alright," Derek answered, grabbing my hand and squeezing it. "I love you."

"I love you."

I walked back into the living room and gave Melissa some fresh towels to change on Mr. McCall.

"It's Kira, right?" Ethan said to her as she looked confused. "You going to tell us what you are?"

"What? What do you mean?" Aiden asked.

"Aiden Watch!" Ethan said, grabbing Kira's hand and placing it on the barrier causing her to jump back.

I jumped up and walked over, getting between her and them.

"See that? She can't go through it either," Ethan said. "So, what are you?" Ethan continued.

"She's a kitsune, idiot," Derek said, walking in. "Use your eyes. You can see it all around her. The younger ones give off an aura. She just hasn't learned how to conceal it yet. She probably doesn't know what kind she is either."

Scott walked in and saw the scene and quickly took Kira into the other room.

I crossed my arms and glared at Ethan.

"I wasn't going to hurt her," he said.

"Not yet," Derek replied.

"Why do you think we're here, Derek? For a study group? We're here to protect Scott. We're trying to fight for him."

"I'm sure you are. I'm sure you'd kill for him. But are you willing to die for him?"

Derek and I left into the kitchen again.

I sat down at seat and rubbed my eyes and yawned. These sleepless nights were getting rough, the kids didn't even keep me up this long.

Derek sat next to me and sighed.

"What?" I asked as he looked at me.

He softly smiled and looked down.

"What?" I asked again, slightly giggling.

"You'd make an amazing alpha," he said.

I shook my head. "No, Scott and you are better at it."

"But I'm no longer one."

"You're still mine," I said.

He slowly rubbed the back of his neck.

"I can't help but think that whole would you die for him speech have something to do with me," I teased. "I mean I'm told I'm a rare bread."

"Really?" He mused.

I nudged his shoulder.

We felt the house shake and we jumped up.

"Was that?" I asked, as another shake happened.

We ran into the living room as the ninjas were trying to get in and Scott was on the phone.

"Allison, please tell me that you have something," he said. "They're here. They're trying to get in. And it looks like they're gonna' be able to do it."

"I'm right, aren't I?" Kira said. "They're looking for me. They're looking for a dark spirit."

I looked at Derek and he looked at me.

"And I know it's not you," Scott said.

"Scott, we're going to have to do something," Derek said as Scott hung up the phone and they found a week spot and started opening it.

"Don't do anything," Scott ordered.

"Is he serious?" Ethan asked.

"I said don't do anything," Scott answered sternly. "Trust me."

I grabbed Derek's hand as they broke the seal and stepped closer.

I wrapped my other hand around his forearm and he squeezed my hand as they came closer.

They stopped at Kira and Scott.

"You're gonna be okay," Scott whispered to Kira as he grabbed her hand.

The ninjas looked at them and their eyes turned green.

It felt like forever before they just vanished and Kira and Scott fell to the ground.

Derek and I ran to Scott and saw they had marked him just like us.

Scott seemed to be like Derek and already healing without assistance.

We slowly helped him up and looked at Kira and helped her up.

I looked around and the sun started to come up.

"Call 911!" I told Melissa who quickly did.

"Can you take Kira home?" Scott asked us and I nodded.

Scott handed us Kira and we quickly left as the ambulance was on its way.

Now the question was who is the dark spirit if it wasn't us in the room?

** Sorry about it being forever since I posted I was SUPER stressed and busy. I'm working on slowing down and just taking my time. Hopefully I can get to a consistent updates again thank you all so much for the votes while I was away!! XXX**