Chapter 55: Super Stupid

We pulled into the driveway of the loft and Derek grabbed the car seat carrier out.

We were arguing the whole way about what we should name him. I wanted him to be named after Derek and we would just call him Erik but Derek wasn't fully on board.

We walked into the loft with a note on the table.

I picked it up and read that it was from Cora and she had cleaned and was heading out to explore the town.

Derek put our son to bed while I called Laurel to make sure M'Lynn was doing okay.

"Hello?" Laurel answered.

"Hey, grandma, how is M'Lynn?" I asked.

"She's doing great, she's the most easy going baby I've ever seen!" Laurel said amazed.

"Great, we are going to pick her up tomorrow, but I just wanted to make sure she was okay."

"Alright, well I'm going to get her ready for bed, I'll see you tomorrow."

"You too, bye."

I hung up and sighed, I rubbed my temple and felt a kiss to the back of my neck.

"How are we going to take care of two kids under two and deal with everything?" I asked.

"We will figure it out."

"Really?"

"We've made it this far."

"Barely," I whispered.

"Hey," he whispered leaning on the table.

I glanced at him.

"What's running through your mind?" He asked.

He knew a lot was bothering me, it was just a matter of pinpointing them all down.

I shook my head and shrugged.

A lot happened within the past three days.

A lot.

Right now I felt like everything was still falling apart.
I took a big breath and held it and looked up, letting it go.

"She was right," I finally whispered.

Derek shifted uncomfortably.

I shook my head again.

"What did she tell you?" He asked.

"A lot."

Derek sighed and turned leaning his hands on the table. "I never apologized for-"

"We were separated," I said, trying to dismiss it.

"It doesn't matter."

"I broke trust," I argued.

"So did I."

I bit my lip. "Will we have it again?"

Derek looked at me and I slowly looked at him. "Yeah," He said. "With time. There's still trust it's just... different-"

I slapped the edge of the table, frustrated. "I don't want different! Derek! I want things to stay the same- I want you to look at me like you did when we first met! You always looked like... I was important to you. I felt powerful. I felt... like I knew what I was doing. And now I never know. I have no power over anything. She was right because I'm always needing you- but that's it I need you, but you don't need me."
I crossed my arms, my nails digging into my arms.

Derek crossed his arms and sighed.

"Who gave me shelter when I was a suspected criminal - twice - and who took me out of dangers way when I was stabbed by Peter? Who searched for me when I was taken by Kate? Who took care of me after all the times I was shot? Who took a bullet for me? Who's been by my side, fighting when the all the odds were against us?"