Chapter 78: Awkward Dinner

Stiles, Scott and I were all on our way to the Hale house when over Stiles coms we heard that Parrish had found a kid already there and was taking him to the station.

Stiles quickly braked and turned around and sped off to the police station.

When we got there we ran in practically stumbling over each other.

We stopped when we saw Stilinski studying Derek's face. He then looked at us and sighed.

"I'll handle this," he whispered to Parrish and then nodded his head to his office.

The three of us slowly walked in, shutting the door.

"I want you to be honest with me. Absolutely and completely honest. Have you been time traveling?"

"Hang on, what?" Stiles gasped.

"Because if time traveling is real, you know what? I'm done. I'm out. You're going to be driving me to Eichen House!"

"We found him like that," Scott said.

"Where? Swimming in the fountain of youth?!"

"No. We found him buried in a tomb of wolfsbane in an Aztec temple in Mexico underneath a church in the middle of a town that was destroyed by an earthquake," Stiles rambled and I rubbed my forehead.

"You told me you were camping!"

"Yeah, we were... In Mexico."

"Derek's been aged backwards. He can't remember anything. We just need to talk to him," Scott said.

"Yeah, well, so far he's not talking to anybody."

"He'll talk to us," Scott said, looking at me.

Stilinski nodded and Scott headed out and Stilinski stopped me.

"How are you holding up?"

"As well as one can be when they find your husband as a child again and doesn't remember you. They said marriage was hard but this is a whole new level."

Stilinski nodded his head as Scott and Stiles brought Derek into the office.

"Why would I go anywhere with you?" Derek asked.

"There was an accident. You lost some memory, but we can help you get it back," Scott said.

"How much memory?"

"A lot. But you can trust us."

Scott and I showed our eyes.

"You're an Alpha. Okay, who are you? And who is he? Who are you?" Derek asked.

"Oh, we're the guys keeping you out of jail," Stiles said, looking at a file.

"Let us help you," Scott said.

"No."

"Okay, dude, you almost tore apart two cops back there. You need to listen to us. And that starts with no fangs, no claws, no wolf man. You got that?" Stiles said, getting up and counting on his fingers.

"I'm fine as long as it's not on a full moon," Derek said.

"You still have trouble with the full moon?" Scott asked shocked.

I looked at Scott. I knew Derek struggled for awhile to find an anchor.

"I said I'm fine."

"All right, you coming with us or not?"

"You want me to trust you? Where's my family?"

"There was a fire. And..." Scott started. "They're not here anymore. They're fine. Just had to move out of Beacon Hills. And we're going to take you to them as soon as we figure out how to get your memories back."