Chapter 42: Comfort and Rest

" A vault! It's a bank vault! I saw it! I saw the name," Isaac said, sitting straight up, coming to consciousness. "It's, uh B-beacon hills first national bank," he continued, getting out and Deaton and I wrapped towels around him to warm him up. "It's, um it's an abandoned bank, and they're keeping them locked inside, inside the vault."

He looked at us as we all had cress fallen faces.

I was looking at Derek.

" What?" Isaac asked.

"You don't remember what you said right before you came out of it, do you?" Stiles asks.

"No."

"You said when they captured you that they dragged you into a room and that there was a body in it."

"What body?"

" Erica."

"You said it was Erica."

"She's not dead," Derek said.

"Derek, he said, "there's a dead body. It's Erica." Doesn't exactly leave us much room for interpretation."

"Then who was in the vault with Boyd?"

"Someone else, obviously."

"And maybe it was the girl on the motorcycle," Scott added.

"Okay, the one who saved you?" Stiles asks turning to Isaac who shook his head.

" No, she wasn't like us. And whoever was in the vault with Boyd was."

"What if that's how Erica died? They, like, pit them against each other during the full moons and see which one survives. It's like werewolf thunder dome," Stiles said.

"Then we get them out tonight," Derek said.

"Be smart about this, Derek," Deaton warned. "You can't just go storming in."

"If Isaac got in, then so can we," Derek argues.

"But he didn't get through a vault door, did he? We need a plan."

"How are we gonna come up with a plan to break into a bank vault in less than 24 hours?"

"Uh, I think someone already did," Stiles said, holding his phone. ""Beacon Hills First National closes its doors three months after vault robbery." Doesn't say here how it was robbed, but it probably won't take long to find out."

"How long?" Derek asked impatiently.

"It's the Internet, Derek. Okay? Minutes."

We left heading to the loft and I put M'Lynn to bed and made sure Isaac was warm enough and okay after the whole ordeal.

I came down and Derek was still studying the bank blueprints trying to come up with his own plan.

I slowly placed my hand on his shoulders and slowly massaged his tense muscles.

"Why don't you get some sleep?" I whispered.

"The full moon is tomorrow, we don't have time."

"You need to take a break, you're worn out, looking at it too closely. Take a step back and come back with refreshed mind and eyes."

He sighed, grabbing one of my hands on his shoulder, and didn't answer.

"I can't believe I'm going to say this but trust Stiles."

He looked back at me half amused and eyebrows raised.

I smiled and rolled my eyes away scoffing. "Don't look at me like that. I trust him, isn't that enough? Don't you trust me and my judgement."

He slowly ran his hand up and down my arm. "I don't know, trusting isn't my strong suit," he teased.

"I know," I teased back, resting my chin on his shoulder. "Stiles knows what he's looking for, his dad is a cop, and I think he'd make a good one too. Let Stiles work and get some rest. You won't be any good saving Boyd and Erica if you pass out from exhaustion."

"Might make a good distraction."

"Oh yes," I giggled. "I can see it now," I whispered in his ear and gently kissed his cheek.

I extended my arms, resting my hand on his chest.

He slowly looked at me and studied me.

"What?" I whispered.

"Nothing," he slowly replied, softly kissing me. "I might need something to lure me though," he smiled.

I laughed. "You're impossible Hale. But if that's what gets you to eventually get some sleep well then I suppose I can work with it."

He slowly stood up, wrapping my hands in his. "Do you think she's dead?" He whispered.

"I have hope. If we don't have hope then there's no point. We will save them."

Derek slowly caressed my cheek, kissing me.

A needy kiss, and one I was happy to fulfill and willing to comfort him with my love and affection that he needed and was longing for.