Chapter 2: Combat

"Where do we even start?" I asked.

"First combat."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because for centuries we've been hunted by the Hunters." Derek answered, leading me to another room in his house.

"Great..." I mumbled.

Derek stopped facing me. "First learn how to punch."

"I know how to punch," I stated, offended.

"Try it."

"I'm not punching you- don't you have a punching bag?"

"Best way to learn is to fight something that moves and has the same strength. Punch me."

I raised my eyebrow. When he just gave me his stare I sighed and took a deep breath.

I put left foot forward and cocked my right arm back and tilted my head.

I gently punched him and he pushed my hand away.

"Put effort into it," he ordered.

"Derek I'm not punching you!" I said, backing off.

He then swung at me and I blocked it. I don't know how but I blocked him just in time, I never could've done that before.

"What are you doing?!" I shouted.

"If you don't punch, they will."

I shoved him away. "Don't ever do that again," I said, turning on my heel and walking away.

Once I was out of the house, I ran.

I found my car on the side of the road, still with a flat tire.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair.

I walked to my apartment and laid on my bed. This was not how I imagined everything going.
~
I finished getting ready for bed when I noticed a shadow in the corner.

I could hear a heartbeat and it wasn't mine.

I slowly grabbed the scissors on my desk and spun, ready to jab whoever was in my house.

Derek grabbed my hand, stopping me.

"What are you doing here?!" I said through clenched teeth. 

"The full moon is soon, we need to get you ready."

"How did you even get in?"

Derek looked at the window that was ajar.

I glared at him. "Ever heard of a doorbell?"

"Would you have let me in?"

"So you decided to trespass?"

"To save people from you yes."

I went to punch him and he grabbed my arm, grabbing my shoulders and pinning me to the wall, his face close to mine.

"You need me to teach you. You will end up killing someone is that what you want?"

"Depends on who it is?" I answered, looking him up and down.

"You need to train."

"No. I've had enough lessons in my life..." I spoke shoving his arms off me. "Stay away from me, and don't touch me."

"You think I don't know? Don't you want to never let that happen to you again?" He said.

"Stop," I pointed at him, angry.

"The bite is a gift," Derek said, throwing a punch.
I blocked and took a breath.

I threw some punches, all blocked by him with ease.
"You saying I should be happy?" I asked, turning and throwing a punch at his side that he grabbed spinning me around and pinning me on my knees.

"Yes."

"Why am I not happy then?"

I spun around grabbing his arm and pulling him down and pinning his arms above his head.

"You will come to enjoy it."

"And if I don't?" I asked.

"You will."

He pulled his arm up, throwing me off balance and he shoved me off him, getting up. "You don't think everyone was fooled do you?" He asked, offering his hand.

I looked at him cautiously.

"The way he'd grab you when you talked was enough evidence for me. The hidden bruises."

I looked down and smiled. "You don't think I heard what they called me?" I asked, looking up at him.

"The Abused Daughter. Poor Elizabeth, stuck with that awful man of a father... she doesn't even see it. She just wants to please him," I said shoving his hand away. "I know what they said. I know some think I slept with him... I heard everything."

"And now you can be more than just that," Derek said. "You don't have to be her anymore."

"Just the crazy werewolf," I sighed, crossing my arms. "Why should I trust you?"

"You have no one else."

"You promise you can teach me to not go all psycho and kill people?"

"Promise."