Chapter 16: Sneaky

We snuck into Stiles window as he was studying something on his computer. I sat on his bed and Derek stood by his dresser drawer.

"Hey, Stiles!" His dad yelled and I froze.

Stiles turned. "Yo- Derek," He said, shocked to see Derek who had a finger to his lips and he pointed to his door motioning him to answer it.

Stiles shot up and looked behind and saw me and I smiled and he quickly answered the door holding it close to him.

It seemed like forever until Stiles stepped out of his room.

I looked at Derek wondering if he was telling his dad we were there, but when he entered and closed the door I thought otherwise.

Stiles sighed and leaned against the door and Derek grabbed him by the shirt and pushed him against the wall.

" If you say one word-" Derek started.

"Oh, what, you mean, Iike, "Hey, Dad, Derek Hale's in my room. Bring your gun"?" Derek's hold lightened a bit in hesitation.  "Yeah, that's right. If I'm harboring your fugitive butt, it's my house, my rules, buddy," he finished, smacking Derek's shoulder. I raised my eyebrows at Stiles' sudden boldness. Derek looked at his shoulder slowly and then back at Stiles. He let him go and fixed his shirt and then Stiles did the same.

Just as Stiles was about to move away Derek jerked his head in his face and Stiles jumped, still showing he feared him.

I covered the smile on my face and took a deep breath.

"Scott didn't get the necklace?" Derek asked.

"No. He's still working on it. But there's something else we can try. The night we were trapped at the school, Scott sent a text to Allison asking her to meet him there."

"So?"

"So it wasn't Scott."

"Well, can you find out who sent it?"

" No, not me. But I think I know somebody who can."

"You think?" I asked. "Are they trustworthy?"

"Ok, you two buddies can relax on the whole trust thing cause he won't know."

I raised my eyebrows and looked at Derek.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Stiles asked me.

I shrugged. "Sometimes I like seeing you and Derek get on each other's nerves."

"Nerves?"

I looked at one of his books. "Plus who do you think is stopping Derek from actually killing you?" I asked seriously, teasing him.

Stiles looked between the two of us and Derek's serious face made him turn back to his computer.

I smiled and shook my head. Stiles was too fun.

"How soon till your friend gets here?" I asked.

"Patience... I swear you and Derek can never wait."

"Maybe it's a werewolf thing."

"Maybe it's just-"

There was a knock on the door.

Stiles answered and a boy walked in.

I sat on Stiles bed again and Derek sat in his chair, grabbing a book and started flipping through pages.

"You read?" I whispered. He glanced at me.

"Yes I read."

I pushed on his arm and smiled. He looked at his arm and then back at me.