Chapter 75: No Longer

I woke up to my head throbbing. I covered my forehead with my hand which felt heavy. I swallowed and took a breath. I was breathing still and my throat didn't feel as swollen.

"Lizbeth... Lizzie.. please... I'm so sorry Lizzie... " Derek said.

I realized I was still on the ground and Derek was kneeling beside me.

Derek ran his hand up and down seeing if I was hurt anywhere else before stopping on my head.

I tried to sit up and winced a little and Derek studied my neck.

I wanted to lay down again.

"Elizabeth?" Chris asked.

"What happened?" I asked hoarsely.

Derek didn't answer.

"It's the nogistune," Chris answered.

I felt like my head would explode. This was worse then college days and waking up hungover.

Derek brushes hair away from my face and continued to study me.

"Derek you have blood on your face," I said, noticing the black blood from his nose.

"I'm fine," he said, quickly wiping it on the back of his hand.

He quickly looked at my neck again and I winced at his touch.

"You're starting to heal," Derek said, his thumb gently running around the wounds.

"She should be healing faster," Chris said. "Unless..." he looked at us.

Derek pursed his lips together and sighed. "We weren't going to tell anyone yet," he said.

I laid by back down and felt a hand on my stomach, pressing gently while another was on my face.

"Elizabeth, I need you to stay awake," Derek said, panic showing in his voice.

"The baby is fine Derek, as long as you can still hear the heartbeat? Chris asked.

Derek nodded.

"The baby?" I asked, quickly sitting up and feeling dizzy.

"It's fine, it's fine," Derek quickly said, wrapping his arm around me and picking me up, carrying me to the couch. 

Chris came back with a glass of water.

I took it and took a sip as Derek looked at my neck again while Chris grabbed a washcloth.

"You're healed, how are you feeling?" Derek asked, wiping the blood away.

"I think I'm feeling better, just a throbbing headache."

I took another sip of water and I slowly stood up.

I rubbed my temple and Derek watched me.

I slowly nodded, the headache slowly fading.

"Thank you," I said, handing Chris back the glass.
He nodded and nodded at Derek.

Derek stood up and we started to head out.

We hit the elevator and Derek stopped the doors.

"You had a gun pointed at my head. You could've pulled the trigger. Why didn't you?" Derek asked.

"Because you're not my enemy anymore, Derek. And I'm not yours. The truth is that we should be out there looking for him. Right now."

"Especially if he can do something like this."

"I'm not sure that's actually going to be necessary."

"Why not?"

"Because if he can do something like this-"