CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR.

━━ Dawn Graham,
Two Weeks Later. ━━

I stood in front of my mirror, looking at the bruises on my wrist from my mom. She had been threatening me about everything, saying that If I don't act like I love her, then she'll find someone to hurt my dad and uncles.

I don't want that. Because, I love my uncles to death.

I felt tears in my eyes as I ran water over my bruises, trying to numb the pain because these were big ass bruises.

Calum and Maya had been discussing custody, and I tried my hardest to signal that I didn't want this, but I had no choice.

About a week ago, I got released from the hospital and I heard about how everyone was doing. However, Noelle hadn't been talking to me and I certainly didn't want to know how Jacob and Aaron were doing.

So, I tried to text her.

dawn
hey, how are you doing?

noelle
fine.

dawn.
thats good. i miss u

noelle
dawn, please leave me alone.
i know you were into jacob,
and him and i are dating now.
i don't feel comfortable around
u anymore. sorry.

dawn
what the fuck???

And the text turned green.

And just like that, my eyes filled up with my tears and they spilled over. I started sobbing violently, and tried to control my breathing but I couldn't.

I sobbed, and sobbed.

And apparently I sobbed too loud because Calum came running. I quickly covered my sleeves when I heard him come in.

He rushed to my bathroom and saw my sobbing on the floor, and he fell on his knees next to me, pulling me into a hug.

"Hey, hey it's okay. You're okay, what's going on?" He asked, holding me tightly.

"I— I can't breathe, dad help me." I begged, holding onto my chest.

"Ashton, go get that inhaler I have in my room, quickly." He told Ashton, who I didn't even know was there.

Minutes later, Ashton came running in with the inhaler and he gave it to me, and I quickly pumped it.

After a couple seconds, Calum spoke. "How do you feel?"

"Fine." I spoke, leaning into him. "I'm okay."

"I knew you could do it, Peanut. Now, tell me what's happening? I'm right here Honey."

I sniffed, wiping my tears. "I just." I said, "I don't know how to say it."

"You can speak to me." He smiled, "I'm here for you forever."

"I want to tell you what happened before the car crash."