CHAPTER FIVE.

━━ Calum Hood,

February Seventeenth.  ━━

"This is totally illegal, right?"

Luke shrugged. "For a good cause, yes?"

I stared up at the run down house in front of me. The address on Dawn's file. The house that hopefully filled my future inside. Nervousness ran through my veins as we walked closed to the door.

"A great cause."

I brought my fist up to knock and knocked, suddenly hearing a bunch of crashes and a couple loud "fucks." inside the home.

A moment later, the door swings open to reveal a teenage girl. She was about Five Seven, brown wavy hair in a tight ponytail and breathing heavily from just falling. She looked at the four of us, obviously confused. She blankly stared at us for a few seconds, and straightened herself up. "Hello, Can I help you?"

Luke stepped in front of me, and her eyebrow raised. "Oh shit, you're the doctor I had a couple days ago! Am I dying?"

"What— No, no! Dawn, where is your mom?" Luke asked.

She shook her head, "Sorry, She's at work. But she'll be home soon." She said, "Come in! It's freezing."

We walked inside together and stood beside her as she closed the door.

"Sorry for the mess," She apologized. "I was cleaning when you guys knocked." We locked eyes, "I'm Dawn, by the way."

"Nice to meet you, Dawn." Ashton spoke up, putting his hand out for her to shake. "I'm Ashton Irwin."

"Nice to meet you, Ashton Irwin."

"I'm Calum, Calum Hood." I smiled.

She eyed me up and down for a moment, "Hi Calum, nice to meet you."

We all said in the living room as Dawn watched outside the window, waiting for her mom to get home. Suddenly, she jumped off the couch. "She's home! Beware, she's normally a bitch when getting off of work."

"That's fine." I smile.

The front door swung open, and a short, white lady walked inside. Her hair was gray, and she was carrying bags. "Dawn! Where are you? Who's car is that outside?" She drops everything on the floor, "Come put away groceries— Who the hell are you?"

"Mom!" Dawn steps in front of us. "These are the doctors from the hospital. They. . . Um. They wish to speak to you."

"I refuse to speak to any of them." She grits her teeth, looking at Luke. "Especially you. Get the fuck out of my house."