CHAPTER FOURTY TWO.

━━ Third Person,

Several Months Later. ━━

"Happy anniversary, my love."

It was now five months for the fairly new couple, and they were enjoying every moment of it as they could. Harvey and Dawn were exceptionally happy.

"Thank you, Harvey." Dawn looked up at Harvey with a smile, and leaned up to peck his lips. Dawn was now Sixteen-years-old, and it was nearly one year since Calum Hood brought her into his life.

Dawn told Harvey about her childhood, and he cried while she did. Harvey hugged her for a long time when he figured out what had happened, and tried to make her feel as loved as he could. He supported Dawn and Calum endlessly.

Calum had warmed up to Harvey and even invited him to their Australia trip that was coming up, but he politely declined. He said that they should have their family time.

Calum also had been going out on a couple dates with this girl named Sadie, who was very sweet and was very supportive in everything Dawn did. But Calum was also very happy.

She was sweet and Dawn liked her.

The girl who Michael planned to ask out, rejected him and he was very upset for a while but he's okay now and adopted two dogs named Southy and Moose, who Dawn adored greatly.

It was now very cold in Washington State. Snowfall had come and gone, Christmas was also only two weeks away.

Everyone was happy and content.

Harvey had fully fallen in love with Dawn, and he said it proudly. He loved everything about her and there was never a dull moment where he second guessed himself. He planned to say that he loved her tonight at their dinner date, but he was so nervous.

Oh, by the way, Dawn turned Sixteen on September sixth, and she is a Sophomore in High School. She was old enough to drive, and sometimes she did. She was practicing.

She was known as the new girl in town at her new school, which she had commented about saying that it was like a Rom-Com movie.

Dawn also recently got in touch with Aiden! He was doing well, and lived in Michigan now. He hadn't heard anything from the Psycho Mom; but he was living with his dad— who was better and well off. He was happy and a Senior in High-School.

She had texted him daily now, and they were planning to meet up as soon as both of them could. She was finally connecting the dots with her life.

Dawn laid her head on Harvey's chest, having her arms wrapped around his waist tightly as they waited to leave. They planned to leave very soon, they just wanted to hold each other for now.

"Good evening, love-birds." Michael said as he walked into the kitchen, adjusting his tie. "What are you two up to?"

"Hi Michael," Dawn greeted him. "About to leave for dinner. What about you? Why do you look so fancy?"

"Just a small get-together hosted by a friend, it's a fancy doctor thing." He waved it off and smiled.

"That sounds fun, Michael." Dawn smiled.

"How are you, Mike?" Harvey shook his hand, smiling. "You look good."

"I'm good, Harvey. How are you? Where are you guys going to dinner?" Michael asked, narrowing his eyes at Harvey. "Do not forget our curfew."

"I won't, sir."

"Good. Well, you two have fun—''Michael paused to look at his Apple watch. "—I've gotta go. I'm fashionably late."

"Alright, love you." Dawn gave Michael a hug.

"You as well, Sweetheart."

They both watched Michael walk out of the door, and when he did, Harvey turned to face her and brought her closer to his body.

"Ready to head out? The movie starts in an hour and I want snacks."

"Yes."