CHAPTER THIRTY NINE.

━━ Third Person,
July Second. ━━

Dawn Graham has definitely grown as a person and maturely since February Ninth, and it's only been one hundred and forty three days. She was much happier, healthier, and more loved than she was on February Ninth.

"Don't eat that Strawberry," Calum lectured, watching Dawn pick up the nastiest strawberry he'd ever seen. "It's gross."

Dawn squinted her eyes as she scanned the strawberry that was picked up between her fingers, "Whatever you say." she shrugs, and throws that one into the trash can— grabbing another one, and eating it.

"Yes, whatever I say!" Calum chuckles, kissing Dawn's forehead.

Dawn had been going on small dates with Harvey, and he'd even met the guys— spoiler alert, they loved him. but Calum still had a protective dad layer and lectured Harvey about treating his daughter right, which Harvey listened very carefully.

"Is Harvey coming over today?" Calum asked, waving his hands to dry them after washing his hands.

"I think so." Dawn said, getting her phone out of her pocket. "Let me check."

She pulls out her phone and begins texting Harvey, and seconds later a wide smile appears on her face. Calum also had a wide smile on his face, but not because of Harvey.

Dawn was so happy, and Calum adored his daughter's happiness. He prayed that Dawn would never have to go through what he went through. The Manipulation, Physical and Verbal abuse; He went to therapy for five years after it.

He prays to whoever is up there that it would never happen to his daughter.

He's also glad they chose to move here, because it's only been a month and the five of them had all grown as people.

"Yes, he is!" Dawn smiled brightly.

She was shining with happiness, and like I said; Calum adored it.

"Okay perfect, I'll have Ashton cut up some strawberries— but I've gotta go out," Calum hummed, "The shopping list is getting full and I might as well get 'em now."

"Alrighty," Dawn nods, watching as Calum gathers his things carefully. "I love you."

"I love you more!" He shouts as he walks out the front door.

Dawn exhales, putting her hands on the counter and leaning into them. She instantly felt bored. She wasn't sure what to do while she waited for Harvey to get there, because there wasn't much to do.

She has finished the chores she chose for herself for the day, not that there were many chores to do— Ashton being a clean freak and such.

Ashton had made a chore chart with the help of Luke, because with everyone gone most of the time— the house became ridden with dust and Ashton made it out to be the end of the world.

Luke helped out because he was the one home often with his job, so he could regulate and combine the chores with everyone's home cycle. He was the only one home most of the time.

Dawn was mostly out with her friends and Harvey all day.

Calum was at work racking up the vacation hours, and becoming a very good surgeon.

Ashton was also busy working at the Hospital, but he also had more a social life than Calum did.

and Michael was volunteering at the local animal shelter after work most days.

Luke just stayed home, alone. He would be lying if he said it wasn't a little lonely. He just missed everyone.