CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

━━ Dawn Graham,
March Twenty-Second. ━━

I never have liked holding someone's hand for comfort, because it makes me feel vulnerable and I hated it.

But here I was, holding Calum's hand tightly as we walked near the humongous school in front of me.

He squeezed my hand as we approached the office.

"Hello you two!" The office lady smiles. "I assume that you're Dawn Graham?"

"Yep." I nod. "That's me."

"Perfect. And what grade are you in?"

"Tenth Grade. A Sophomore." I answer.

"Okay dear, perfect." She sends me a warm smile. "Now, Dad–" She turns to Calum. "Can you fill out this form so we know who Dawn's emergency contacts are?"

Calum nods, grabbing the sheets of paper she just passed across from us.

We go and sit down in the visitor chairs, and whilst he fills out the papers I watch as the students walk past the office.

I bite my lip anxiously, knowing that I'm going to be in that hallway super soon.

"All done," Calum announces, getting up and handing the papers to the office lady. "Here you go."

"Perfect! Thank you." She takes the papers and sets it down next to her, "The Principal will see you now. Her office is the one on the far left, third door."

I nod and we walk down the hallway to the far left, third door and knock. She signals us to come in and we do.

"Hello! My name is Principal Hannah Rodriguez, and it's very nice to meet you guys." She greets us as we sit down. "I can't wait for you to attend our school, Dawn."

"Thank you." I thank her, smiling.

"You're welcome. I have a student on the way, she is going to show you around the school before your first day! Is that okay?"

I nod. "Yeah, sounds good."

"Okay perfect—"

Before the principal was able to finish her sentence, her office door opened and revealed a young girl.

She wore a basic H&M t-shirt, along with boyfriend jeans and the bottom of her jeans was cuffed. She also wore red converse that matched the color of her shirt.

"Hello Noelle!" The principal stood up. "Dawn, this is Noelle. Noelle, this is Dawn."

I stand up awkwardly and smile, "Hi."

"Hello!" She smiles warmly.

"Okay ladies, have fun. Make sure to tell her everything— and show her the way to her classes, nothing left out. No pressure!" The principal smiles a little.

"I won't." Noelle remarks, "Follow me."

I followed her out of the office and we began our walk around.

"So, you're enrolling?'' Noelle begins the conversation, swaying back and forth on her heels.

"Yep." I say, "My um, Dad, thinks it's a good idea."

I'd never called Calum my dad before, so that felt weird saying the words 'my dad.'

"Oh cool! I've lived here my whole life, so I've never moved. What's it like moving?" She starts walking down the long hallway.

"Stressful." I laugh, "So very stressful."

"Oh wow." Noelle nods, "What sucks. I assumed it would've been super fun, but I see."