CHAPTER TWENTY ONE.

━━ Calum Hood,
April seventh. ━━

She cried so hard,

She sobbed, and sobbed into my chest as Luke listed everything going on in her body right now.

"Damaged vocal cords. Broken arm. Intense road rash. Concussion. She's got stitches on the side of her head, and she's definitely going to be in pain for a while."

"What exactly happened?" I asked, rubbing Dawn's arm as she continued to quietly cry in my chest.

"A driver was on his phone as he was driving to work, and he didn't see that the light was red and continued to drive into the side of a young kids car. They flipped three times, and three out of the four were ejected from the car."

I stroked Dawn's hair, closing my eyes and thanking god she didn't get anything worse than what she has.

She kept apologizing, and saying that she'll buy me a new hoodie because they cut the one she had on when they were at the party. Weird how that's what she was thinking about when she almost died.

I felt bad.

"Where is the man?" I break the silence.

"He's in custody." He answered. "He's requested to see the parents of the kids he's harmed and apologize."

"Absolutely not." I spat, continuing to hold Dawn in my arms. "My daughter almost died. She's in the hospital now, with months of pain and months of physical therapy. She's hurt. I could've lost my daughter again, does he not see that? I do not want a fucking apology from him. He can rot in hell for all I care. I do not care."

━━ A Couple Hours Later. ━━

Dawn had finally fallen asleep, with the help of pain medication. I was standing by the window, watching her peacefully sleep.

She's gone through so much in the past four hours, something no one should have to experience. And she thinks it's her fault.

"Calum?"

I turn my head to see Michael standing in the doorway with coffee. He walks over to me and hands me coffee and a granola bar.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome, I have news." He takes a sip of his own coffee, "The driver has been put in jail for the time being."

I scoff, "Good."

"I know. And, fuck, I have bad news." Michael slowly tells me.

I raised my eyebrow at him, "What is it?"

"I checked my phone an hour ago, and I saw I had gotten a text from an unknown number. I asked who it was, and It was Maya."

My eyes widened.

"It was Dawn's mom."

around my scars, calum hoodOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara