CHAPTER TWENTY.

━━ Calum Hood,
Ten PM. ━━

"She should be texting me by now." I said, worried. I set my phone back down from a failed attempt to call Dawn. "She's not answering me and it's late."

"Calum, ten isn't exactly late for a party." Ashton tells me, "She's okay, I'm sure."

Before I could think of a remark to Ashton, I got a phone call. I looked at the phone call, hoping it was Dawn, but it wasn't.

And I felt a cold rush through me when I saw the contact.

━━ Dawn Graham.
Laying in the street. ━━

I felt numb.

My head was pounding, my vision was blurry, my arm hurt a hell of a lot. I could feel blood dripping down the side of my face and I knew there was blood in my hair.

My left leg burned, probably a road rash, and I could hear someone sobbing in the background as I began to cry from the pain.

"Dawn?" Noelle gasped, "Are you alive?"

I managed to turn my head and nod, trying to hold in my tears as the pain flew through me.

I wanted to scream in pain, but it's like my voice was locked up. I couldn't say anything.

I heard footsteps and felt someone kneel beside me, "Hi Sweetheart. You're going to be okay, alright? What's your name, I'm Jonah."

I watched as he observed me in a kind manner, "I'm a doctor at a hospital out of state, okay? I can assure you that you're going to be okay."

I want Calum.

I want my dad.

"Her n—name is Dawn, I—I'm noelle." Noelle speaks for me, her voice hoarse.

As they began to have a conversation, I tried to move but Jonah stopped me. "Hey, honey, don't move. It'll only make the pain ten times worse."

I didn't dare argue, so I just laid there.

In the middle of the road.

In pain.

Minutes later, Paramedics rushed over to us one by one and started helping us.

"Honey, can you speak?" The Paramedic asked me. I shook my head and winced, closing my eyes.

"Okay," he waved someone over to us and whispered to her, "Look at her leg."

They observed my body and the Paramedic called over a stretcher and carefully put me on it.

I cried out in pain as they put me into the ambulance, shining lights into my eyes. I squinted from the bright light.

"S—Stop, please, that hurts." I sobbed out, embarrassingly enough I could feel my nose snot rolling down my nose.

"She's got a concussion." Paramedic one told everyone.

I felt my eyes open and close slowly and I gradually became weaker. "No Honey, keep your eyes open. It's okay." she rubbed my cheek, "Fuck, drive faster!"

As we drove into the hospital entrance, the doors in the back flung open and they got me out as soon as possible.

"We've got a fifteen-year-old female, her name is Dawn and an unknown last name. She's got a concussion, a giant gash on the side of her head, terrible road rash, possibly a broken arm and she's crying out in pain from every sudden movement. Someone finds her parents and clean all the blood off of her."

━━ Calum Hood,
On the phone, to the hospital. ━━

"Calum, I don't want you to freak out." Dr. Sanchez tried to warn me, "I know you're worried."

"Worried?" I shouted, "My daughter is in the hospital from a fucking car crash, Sanchez, of course I'm freaking out!"

"Calum. You need to stay calm, it's best for Dawn. I just told everyone her name, and immediately called you. Stay. Calm."

"I refuse to stay calm. I can hear her fucking screams from this phone call, Sanchez. What's happening now?"

━━

When I arrived at the hospital, I ran inside and found Dr. Sanchez.

"What's happening? How is she?" I frantically asked. "Is she okay?"

"She's being looked at right now, but it's an urgent kind of thing. They are diagnosing her with everything right now. Her friends are in other hospital rooms." Sanchez tells me.

"Does she . . look okay?"

"I don't think you want an answer to your question, Dr. Hood."