9• Plans And Schemes

~Idris~

I just alighted from my private jet and I stormed into Kaduna international airport with my bodyguards trailing me.

"As the newly elected commissioner for water resources, what steps will you take in fulfilling your pledge?" A girl wearing glasses and a corporate suit asked holding a microphone up to me.

There were other press men from various broadcasting stations surrounding me with microphones and recorders. Camera men kept taking pictures and the light was really affecting my eyes. It was noisy with all of them asking questions and I was beginning to have a headache.

"As you all know..." I began and the crowd went silent, cameramen began filming.
"Kai (hey), turn off the flash please!" I told the cameramen and I continued.

"As you all know, I was nominated for the post of commissioner for water resources and announced the winner two days ago. I had to leave my base in Abuja and here I am in Kaduna to start my work. Umm... As for the steps I will take in fulfilling my pledge umm... I stated during my campaign that I would provide clean and portable water in the rural areas and that is the first step I will take, Insha Allah (by God's grace),"

I walked out and the press men ran behind me asking more questions as I quickened my steps.
"No more questions!" Ossai, my bodyguard yelled and they all turned around with sadness written all over their faces.

My driver had been waiting outside and my bodyguard opened the passenger's door for me before I hopped in and inhaled some tobacco from my pipe and we were off. Soon, we were at my mansion.

I walked into the maroon coloured house and entered my room. immediately, I began taking off my clothes before I walked into the bathroom to freshen up.

It had been a hectic day moving from one place to another since I was announced the winner of the election.

My wives were in the house at Abuja with two of my daughters who were still in the university and three of my sons were taking care of the factory in Dubai. The rest were settled in Abuja and others in other states and countries as well.

I could never forget what Nasir told me in the past. I swore with my life never to help his family and to make them pay for his actions.

I am very serious when it comes to business and we made a deal that I would marry his daughter in exchange for the money he needed for treatment. After treatment, he didn't keep to his own part of the deal. I killed him for his stubbornness.

Killing was no big deal for me, to me it was a way of payback and any man who acts like a fool deserves to end up in hell. The money for the surgery was 55 million naira, imagine!
He couldn't go scot-free.

His first daughter was so beautiful, a true example of black beauty and although I had four wives which is the maximum amount of wives a man is entitled to according to Islam, i was willing to marry her at all costs. I would have to divorce surrayah my third wife and replace her with Khadijah.

Surrayah bore two children for me and I found out that she was cheating on me with some alhaji. I hadn't confronted her yet but I was going to do that as soon as I was done with this project then, proceed to marry Khadijah.
I wasn't doing this because of the deal but because of what I felt inside and I would have to take it slow with her so she won't be scared if me. If she knows that I was the one behind the death of her father, that would be difficult.

I walked down the stairs dressed in a grey jalabiya.
"Amina!," I called out for the maid in charge of cooking coming down the last step.
"Amina!," I called again
She wasted time before running. Soon, she was standing in front of me
"Why did you take long to answer, this girl!"
"Sir, my name is not Amina," she said frowning.

Oh! Amina was the name of one of our maids at Abuja. I brushed it off.
"Is dinner ready?" I asked not bothering to know her real name. I would keep on calling her Amina.
"Yes sir, let me get it for you." She said and wanted to turn back.

"Hey, hey, hey"

"Yes, sir?"

"Don't ever wait for me to ask you if my food is ready, just because you went on break doesn't mean that I have to explain your responsibilities to you! Let this not repeat itself, okay?" I yelled.

"Yes, sir" she said and turned back quickening her steps.
I ate my dinner and slept early for the press conference the next day.

~°~°~°~

I walked out of the conference hall after shaking hands with the governor. I was done answering questions upon questions from the press and decided that this was the best time to visit Nasir's family. I told them that I had started working on the project and I promised that it would be concluded very soon.

I hopped in my black Jeep and directed the driver.
"Take me to my rival's place I need to pay his family a visit." I said with a smirk on my face.
After a bumpy ride on the road with the potholes and all, we were in front of an off white coloured house with cracked walls and a rickety door.

Two girls, one light skinned and the other dark skinned ran out while I could see a smaller one peeping through the net on the door.
They both ran back and after some time, their mother walked out of the house and stood in front of me.

She stared at her children who were standing by the door and they ran inside. She stared at me and didn't even greet probably still holding a grudge but I didn't care.

I inhaled some tobacco from the pipe in my hand and exhaled through my nose making her face the other way.
I began,
"The girl... The girl will be leaving very soon. Get her ready." I was beginning to sweat so I reached a hand into my pocket and brought out a handkerchief and wiped my face.

"Is the girl ready? Because I don't think I should waste much time! If she isn't, anything could happen... and I mean anything,"

"Give us some time please, we'll figure out a way to go about it." She begged.

I smirked and glanced at my bodyguards then looked at her and puffed out some smoke.

"Okay then, I give you three days! Three days and if she's not ready by then, you all will have to pay with your life!!"

I shouted and walked to my black Jeep with my bodyguards behind me. Ossai opened the door for me and we were off.

A/N: Hello everyone, you all got to know idris' point of view. Let me know what you think of him in the comments and don't forget to click that star button ⭐, comment 💭 and share 📢

All the X's, all the O's ❤️
- kosy 💎