14• Divorce 2

Ayooo!!
Merry Christmas!! 💃🏽🎁🎉🎊🌟
Welcome to another chapter ☺️. This chapter is dedicated to Just_Minah_ You guys should check out her books Inioluwa and Of roses and thorns
She writes sooooo well❤️.

Expect more surprise dedications from now on 😉

I officially present to you all, chapter fourteen😅 I don't know why I just typed that but...lol

~Surrayah~

He gave me four hours!
Four hours to end our marriage,
Four hours to say goodbye to the place I've called home for the past twenty-nine years and,
Four hours to leave the Mohammed Bawa family forever!

I cried as I sat on the marble tiled floor. I was the last wife of Idris, how could he do this to me and end up blaming me for everything when he's not always around and values business before family? He went out leaving me with one instruction, "leave in four hours". I checked my phone, it was already 4:35 pm. I had only twenty five minutes more.

I sniffed as I packed some of my clothes into two different travelling bags and I kept the rest in my wardrobe but there still wasn't enough space left for my designer bags and shoes. There was no way I would be moving out without my expensive Birkin and Gucci bags, Hell no!

I ended up packing the rest of my belongings into a multi-coloured
ghana-must-go-bag which looked really local but at this point, I was so desperate. After successfully packing up and making tough decisions in choosing what to leave behind, I sighed and wiped my tears and roughly landed on the bed behind me.

Why would he let me go like that? Just because I cheated, The Saint.

He's hiding something from me and I have to find out what it is.

I answered my subconscious and made up my mind to go on a very dangerous mission. My curiosity was eating me up. It was do or die.

I made sure the coast was clear before tiptoeing into Idris' room. I closed the door behind me and cringed when it opened, I turned back in shock but I couldn't see anyone. I guess it was the wind then.

I need clues, I need to find clues.

I repeated audibly, countless times searching every single corner of the room. Where does Idris hide his things?...
I kept on searching until it hit me, his bedside table.

I quickly dragged it open and searched through papers and different pens both used and unused. There were envelopes and pills in there too.
"Such a dope head" I muttered.

There's nothing here! Dang!
I cursed, hitting his bedpost with the tip of my toe and I pranced around the room.
There has to be something here, there has to be a clue!

I walked over to his wardrobe and checked the pockets of every single kaftan.
"A ring!" I shouted.

I found a ring in the pocket of one of his kaftans. I covered my mouth hoping no one heard my sudden outburst.
So, he's getting married then?