17• Mission Accomplished?

~Khadijah~

I had been running for a very long time and I was tired already. I panted heavily and wiped the sweat beads off my forehead. I was in the middle of a thick forest now and I couldn't see a thing.

When I took a turn at the left, I landed here, in a forest where my panting and sounds of crickets and other crawling animals were the only things I could hear. I thought I heard snakes too. Different things were crawling up my body yet I let them.

I couldn't turn back, who knew where Idris' bodyguards were? I started to regret running away in the first place.

I gave up.

The wild animals here could eat me up for all I care. My life was a mess. I lay there and shut my eyes. Yes, I lay there on the ground and prayed for nature to take me already.

Goodbye Mama
Goodbye Hassana
Goodbye Maryam although you're a big trouble maker. Never forget that.
Goodbye Hauwa and the twins, I'll miss your sweet personalities.
And Idris... You can burn in hell for all I care.

~°~°~°~

"Uba, uba," I screamed shaking his lifeless body as tears streamed down my face.

"You can't be gone. You're still with us, right? You promised us education. You said we would live a good life and you would make sure of that, uba!"

"Don't break your promise!" I yelled.
I cried on his shoulder in tears. His heart wasn't beating and that bullet we still in his head. It had penetrated too deeply to be removed.

"But you promised!" I said holding my head still in tears as I saw his body being dragged away.

I woke up in a room with white walls but this wasn't a hospital. My body ached and I couldn't feel a thing. I was on a soft bed and my eyes quickly darted to that bodyguard, Ossai who stood in front of me. The other guards were there and they all had a smirk on their face. I had the strong urge to slap it off their face at the same time since they were in a line but I couldn't.

I tried to stand up and my waist began to ache. Then I tried to talk and felt so much pain in my face like I had been punched severely.

Idris walked into the room with that pipe that I had not seen him holding for a long time. He looked angry and ruthless. He walked slowly towards me.

"Where am I?" I asked and he laughed, the kind that you would expect from a mentally deranged person.

"You're in a safe place and that's all you need to know." He said.

The last thing I remembered was running away and getting stuck in the forest.

"What do you mean?" I asked him, confused.

"You need to watch the way you talk to me, this girl. You being alive right now is a miracle." He said and inhaled from his pipe. What did he mean? He looked me over. I was dressed in the same clothes I wore when he took me out on my birthday.

I looked at myself and my clothes felt damp. They were soaked in...

blood.

No. This couldn't be what I was thinking! No wonder I felt a deep pain between my legs.
I gasped and turned to the bodyguards who were now laughing at me. Idris moved closer to me, so close that I could feel his awfully smelling breath on my face.
He puffed out smoke leaving it to dance around me and find it's way into my nose.

"Ossai, I told you, all these village girls are easy to get. They're so foolish and once you take them, they can't do anything about it." He said it still looking at me face to face. He gave a hearty laugh and all the bodyguards laughed with him. What did he mean?

"Taking her father's life was a great plan. All thanks goes to you for the nice job," he said to ossai.

"Just doing my job, boss," he said and smirked.

"How did you ever think that I felt something for you? Of all the women or girls in the world, why would I choose you? A whole village girl like you. You are foolish." He said to me, straight to my face, stressing the word 'foolish'. For a moment there, my heart stopped beating.

I always thought that he was a crazy person but come to think of it, why would he love me? I was just a village girl and he wouldn't waste all that money on me for nothing but what? What would he do with me now? They've taken away my pride, can't he just dump me already? Or take me back to my parents?

My eyes welled up and I clenched my fists.
Don't cry in front of him, don't!
I wiped my tears just before they could drop and he laughed seeing me in that condition.

"Get up, we're leaving now." That was ossai, the hunk. He handed me some clothes and told me to change at a room demarcated with a curtain. He smirked at me before leaving with the others and I changed from my smelly, blood drenched clothes to an oversized simple gown. I tied my scarf with it and got to the car that was parked outside.

However, we didn't leave until they were done packing some things from the building into the boot of the car. I didn't ask questions because I was scared of what they would do to me.

I sniffed and wiped my tear filled eyes while we were on the road. What did he mean by he had taken care of Mama and my sisters? Where are they and what is he going to do with me?

The car stopped and I didn't even notice that we had gone far. We were at a place they called Kaduna International Airport.

Idris and ossai got down from the car and I had to walk with them. We got to the checkpoint and the woman there, dressed in an officer's uniform greeted Idris.

"Good evening, Sir. How may I help you?" She asked with a grin.

"Yes, good evening. I'm about entering my jet. You see, we're going to Abuja." He equally grinned at the lady.

"And who is that girl?" She eyed me from head to toe.

"She's my niece," he lied.
If lying was a course, he would have failed woefully. I mean, I was dressed in rags, how I could I be the niece of a multi-millionaire and a commissioner?

"You can't expect me to believe that Sir. You know the drill." She said and laughed afterwards. She stretched her hand out towards him.

Idris laughed with her and demanded his brief case from Ossai. He took a large wad of cash and handed it to the officer who looked like she was going to kneel down and praise the Lord.

"You can go, sir." She said and we got into the jet.

So long story short, Khadijah got gang raped 😭😭😭 by all of Idris' bodyguards 😭

Rape isn't something you should be quiet about. Speak up, there are always people that can help. It's much more better to open up than to keep most things to yourself.
A problem shared is half solved. It helps! Don't let it stay in your heart and eat you up.

Also, that customs officer have werey. Be collecting bribe upandan. Well sha, we'll know what they want to use Khadijah for in the next chapter.

Please and please oo tag your friends to read this book. Amariya needs more recognition, don't you think?

Click that adorable star, share this story and leave your thoughts in the comments 😪❤️❤️

All the x's and o's 💕
Kosy 💎