TWENTY FIVE

"Do you want to watch a movie on Netflix?" Luke asked, turning to me with a smile.

"Yeah. What did you have in mind?" I smiled back, my eyes gleaming with excitement.

"The Host."

"Yeah. I've been wanting to see that movie."

He smiled and laid the side of his head on my stomach, rubbing my thigh with his hand.

I typed in the title and pressed on the play button.

~.~.~.~

I sat up, causing Luke to fall to the side of me. He fell asleep during the movie while laying on my stomach.

I stood up and went into his bathroom, just to go to the bathroom.

When I finished with my business, I went back into his room, slightly shaking him to wake up. "Huh? What?" he asked, flicking his eyes open.

"Hey, you need to cover up. I need to go. I'll see you tomorrow," I said, helping him up.

"Do you have any idea what time it is? I'm not letting you leave, it's one in the morning."

I smiled and took off my skinny jeans, hopping onto his bed and covering up with his blankets. "Ooo, half naked, are we?" Luke joked.

"That doesn't mean anything for you," I stated, rolling my eyes at him.

"It did earlier."

"Not tonight. I'm tired."

"Goodnight, Chris," he said, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me into him.

"I love you," I blurted, smiling.

"I love you, too."

~.~.~.~

"You did what?!" Jake exclaimed, standing up in fury.

"I told him everything that you told me. Frankly, I didn't really believe you. He's way too sweet for any of that to happen," I snapped.

"You promised me that you wouldn't go running to him about it."

"There's a thing called crossing fingers. I only did it because I had a strong feeling that you were lying to me."

"I can't fucking believe this! You betrayed me!"

"You lied to me! How do you think that makes me feel? I'm pissed!" I yelled.

"We never betray each other."

"Well, you should've thought of that before you went off and lied. I'm going home. Have a nice fucking time without me, liar."

I slammed his bedroom door behind me, a tear slipping down my cheek. My best friend in the whole world isn't what I thought he was. He lied, which was our number one rule on not what to do.

I stomped down the stairs and out to my car, Luke patiently waiting for me, listening to music.

I swung open the door and sat down behind the wheel, strapping myself in. "You okay, Chris?" Luke asked, pausing the music.

"I'm fine. I just can't believe him..." I said, drifting off.

"Let's just go and get you settled back into your house."

I nodded and started the car, backing out of the driveway.

~.~.~.~

I stepped through the front door, hand in hand with Luke. Mom rushed to me and wrapped her arms around me. I let go of Luke and did the same to her.

"I've missed you," she mumbled into my hair.

"Me, too, mommy," I cried, only shoving my face deeper into her shoulder.

She let go of me and walked into the kitchen. I followed her, Luke practically walking on my heels. She was currently cooking a pot of noodles, possibly making Chicken Alfredo.

I sat at the bar and Luke sat next to me. She set two plates in front of us and sat across from us. "Where's Jake?" mom asked, looking down at her noodles.

"Uh, he's home," I said.

"Why didn't he come with you and Luke?"

"He just didn't feel like it I guess."

Lies, lies, lies.

"Oh. He told me before you came that he was coming later tonight."

"W-what?"

"Yeah. He said that he misses me."

My eyes dropped from her to my bowl. Why does Jake always have to invade shit? I know that we were best friends and stuff, but he needs to give me space. "Why does that bother you?" mom asked.

"It doesn't. I'm just surprised that he actually wants to get off his lazy ass," I fake laughed.

She gave me a look of suspicion before finally dropping the subject and bringing up a new one. "So, Allen called today," she said, her voice sounding of distaste.

"What did he say?" I asked as if it were normal for him to call.

"Apparently he wants to meet you. He also said something about calling you a few days ago."

"He did, but nothing was really said, except when he told me that he wants to meet me."

I looked up at her, her expression had anger. "Well, that's not happening."

She started stabbing angrily at the noodles on her plate, putting them in her mouth and continuing the process of eating. "I know. I never wanted to anyway."

She looked up at me and smiled. We got a kick out of talking shit about my dad. It was just really fun, we would come up with the dumbest things to say.

I heard a loud pound on the door, it was repeatedly pounding without a break. I stood up and walked over to the door, leaving mom and Luke in the kitchen. I whipped the door open. "Hello-What are you doing here?!" I demanded at Jake.

"We really need to talk," he said, his voice husk.

"Let me go and get Luke."

I shut the door in his face and walked into the kitchen leaving Jake with nothing to say for the moment. "Come on," I said, holding my hand out for Luke to take.

"What?" he said, more like a statement than a question.

I rolled my eyes playfully and jerked him forward. He ran into me and knocked me to the floor. "Oops. You okay?" he asked, a smile curling at his lips.

"Nope, not at all. I just fell on my ass, but I'm fine," I said in a duh tone.

He pulled me up and we walked over to the doorway, a very angry-looking Jake standing with the door open.

_______________________________________

Author's Note

So I think that I'm going to end this book soon! Maybe a couple more chapters and it will be over. But if you would LOVE to see more of my work, just check out my page. I have four other things that you could read, but I don't think the fan fic is very good... soo... plus, I still have to edit it...

Anyways! What do you think about this chapter? Sort of a filler, which I never do, because usually, chapters are never fillers for me.

Teaser: Jake, Chris, and Luke 'talk'. How do you think that will end up?

CVF if you liked the chapter. And please check out my other books! The one that I'll be working on after this is He's Out Of My League, which is already posted!

Love ya! <3

~Debi ^.^