SIX

"Honey, the two of you haven't talked in three days. What's going on?" my mom asked as she stirred the eggs in the pan.

"I don't really want to talk about it," I replied, sipping on my coke.

"Alright, sweetie. Just fix it soon. I miss seeing Jake, he's like another son to me."

I smiled and pulled out my phone. No calls or texts from Jake. It's not like him to ignore me. He always apologizes first, so maybe he wants me to. But it isn't my fault that Jake acted the way he did.

I stood up and walked upstairs to my room. I plopped down on my bed and called Jake.

"What do you want?" Jake's voice asked in an angry tone.

"Can I come to see you? I really miss you," I said softly.

"Depends, are you gonna act the way you did the other night?"

What the hell? The way I acted? He was the one that made me cry because he thinks he has to take Kyle's place with everything.

"No. So, can I come over?"

"You can stay the night. But if there's any fighting, we will definitely work it out."

I smiled and hung up the phone. When I go over to Jake's, I don't ever need to pack anything. His house is like my second home, too.

I ran down the stairs and grabbed my keys, dashing out the door. I quickly turned on the engine and backed out of the driveway.

~.~.~.~

"You have no idea how lonely I felt these last few days," I said, my voice muffled into Jake's neck.

"I know. I feel the same. Now let's go play some GTA San Andreas," he smiled, pulling away to look at me.

I nodded and ran up the stairs. Jake trailed quickly behind and grabbed me around the waist before I could safely get onto the second floor.

I fell back into his chest and his arms tightened around me. He was purposely squeezing me too much, making my breathing minimal.

"J-Jake, c-can't breath," I wheezed.

He chuckled and loosened his grip. I ran away from him and plopped down on a beanbag in front of his flat screen.

I love coming over to his house. His flat screen was amazing, he always had his mini fridge full of our favorites snacks, and our football days were perfect.

"Touchdown! Oh my gosh! I can't believe they pulled that off!" I yelled, doing a happy dance.

"Well believe it, baby. The Lions just won! Suck on that, Green Bay!" Jake gloated.

I collapsed on his bed smiled at the ceiling. The Detroit Lions just won against the Green Bay Packers. My team, the ones that don't win often, just won.

"Well. I guess we deserve to win. After all, when do we ever go to playoffs? This just puts us further ahead," Jake said, laying down next to me.

"What do you want to do now?" I asked, propping myself up on one elbow, looking him in the eyes.

"I don't know. What would you like to do?" he asked, a smile on his face.

I leaned in towards him and pressed my lips against his. We moved in a perfect synchronization.

I shook my head at the memory. Why is it that I always think of the times that me and Jake kissed? I have a serious case of the weirdness.

Jake sat next to me and grabbed a controller. "Do you want to play first?" he asked, offering the controller.

"Are we taking turns until we die or get arrested?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow.