ONE

"Chris! Jake! You two get back here!" I heard my mom scream from the doorway.

Jake and I put oil on the kitchen floor and my mom just so happened to slip into it. The oil was actually meant for my little brother, Zach.

He always torments Jake and I when we want to settle down, like watch a movie.

I tried to hold back a serious giggle. Jake held my mouth with his large hand and looked out of the bushes to see if the coast was clear.

"Okay. I think we're good," he said quietly.

I stood up and looked down at Jake, who was sitting on the ground.

"Get up," I said, throwing my head back.

"Help me up," he pouted, sticking out his lower lip.

I sighed and hoisted him up with all my strength.

"Goodness. You're such a fat ass, you know that?"

"Yes, but I'm your fat ass."

I rolled my eyes and walked into the house, in hope that my mom is out of sight.

I crept around the wall like a ninja and tip toed around the island that was in the middle of the kitchen.

"Damn, Chris. Just walk through your house normal. The worst that your mom could do is hit you," Jake told me.

I looked back at him with a slight glare.

"Jake, shut the hell up so I can feel like the damn ninja that I am," I whisper yelled.

He grabbed me around the waist and threw me over his shoulder.

"Jake! Put me down!" I squealed.

"Jeez. Will you stop screeching like a girl?" he said, dropping me to the floor and holding his ears with both of his hands.

My back hit the floor with a loud THUD! I can't breath. Damn him!

I gasped for air because my weight knocked the wind out of me.

He looked down at me and had an apologetic look on his face.

"Oops. Sorry, Chris," he exclaimed, picking me up bridal style.

I still struggled to breath and finally gained it back when he set me on the counter.

"I will SO get you back for that," I said, an evil smile plastered on my face.

"Chris, it was an accident. Calm the hell down," he said, starting to drink one of my juice boxes.

I snatched it out of his hands and took a large gulp.

"You know better than to not share with me," I said.

"Yeah, yeah. You're lucky that I love you," he said, babbling like an idiot.

I hopped off the counter and walked over to the fridge.

"Let's see. We have salad, left over pasta, applesauce, cake, and ooh," I paused, "yogurt."

I pulled out a container of yogurt and opened it. Jake tossed me a spoon and kept drinking his juice box.

"Thanks," I said to him.

"Yep," he said with a sweet smile.

"It's hotter than hell in here. You wanna jump in the pool?"

"Yeah, I'll go get dressed. You comin'?" he asked, looking at me passed his shoulder.

I shook my head and pointed at my bikini strap. He nodded his head and began to walk into my bedroom.

Of course I had clothes for Jake in there. This is like his second home and he knows that I always keep a ton of clothes here for him.