THIRTY FIVE

This night couldn't get any better. After all the boys left, Luke and I started to watch movies while his parents were on a business trip and Charlotte went on a road trip with some of her friends to L.A.

I looked up at Luke, who was half asleep. He looked so peaceful as I watched him drift off to sleep. "Luke," I whispered softly.

"Hmm? What?" he mumbled as he turned and knocked me off the couch and onto the floor.

"Luke!" I shouted as I rubbed the spot on my back that was in shearing pain.

He jumped up and looked around, his attention becoming very alert. "What happened?"

"You knocked me to my ass, now help me up, pretty boy."

He smirked sleepily and hoisted me up from the floor. I collapsed on him and he fell back into the couch. "What are you doing?" he asked as he watched me have a laughing fit.

I tried to catch my breath, then looked him in the eyes. "I have no damn idea."

He giggled and pressed his lips to mine quickly. "Here or upstairs?" I asked.

He wiggled his eyebrows. "Ooh! I think upstairs!"

"I meant for sleep, dumbass."

He stuck out his lower lip in a pout. I grabbed it with my pointer finger and my thumb and clamped down, but not too hard. "Aww, baby, shit like that doesn't work on me," I said mockingly like a baby-talking mother.

"Fine. None for you. Not even kisses."

I rolled my eyes and stood up. He crossed his arms and sat, still with a pout on his face. I made my way up to his bedroom and once I reached the door, I felt two warm arms wrap around my stomach and a chin rest on my shoulder. "Sorry," he whispered in my ear.

I smiled and turned around, kissing him passionately as we made it to his bed. I laid down and as he tried to lift my shirt, I smacked his hands away and said, "Not tonight. I'm really tired."

He groaned and covered himself up with his blankets. I did the same and intertwined our feet together. "I love you," I said encouragingly.

He smiled down at me and kissed my nose, closing his eyes and falling asleep.

*~*~*~*

I woke up to the sound of pans clashing in the kitchen downstairs. What is he doing?

I stand up with a smile on my face as I realized that he's trying to make breakfast for me. I peeked around a corner and spotted him making eggs, talking harshly to Jake.

My eyes widened at his appearance. Why is he here? I told him to leave me alone. I'm perfectly happy with Luke.

I slid my back against the wall to listen in on their conversation. "Just leave. Chris is happy. Just leave us alone," Luke said nicely, but there was a harshness in his tone.

"I won't leave. I love her, just as much as you do, if not more. I've loved her since I met her, and nothing will change that," Jake hissed.

I heard a pot slam onto the counter top. "Just shut the fuck up and get out!"

"Oh, but you love her so much, right? You love her so much that you wouldn't even bother taking her back to my place when she was drunk off her ass and could barely stand. You sent your dumbass friends to take her home. What kind of a 'loving' person does that?"

"There wasn't any way to take her home. I was just as drunk as she was and there was no way that I was getting behind a fucking wheel drunk. Plus, I can't even control myself when I'm drunk. I didn't want to hurt her verbally."