TWENTY ONE

"Allen? Why are you calling me?" I demanded.

"Christina, I just wanted to hear your voice," he said weakly.

"Fuck off."

I hung up the phone and laid it next to me, wondering how he had gotten ahold of my phone number.

A knock sounded on the door, and Jake came in, quietly shutting the door behind him. He sat next to me. "I'm sorry about what I said. It was wrong for me to bring it up," he said, rubbing my hand with his thumb.

"It's okay. I just hate talking about Kyle," I said, pulling him in for a hug.

"Why? You love him, right?"

"Of course I do, but it just digs the knife deeper. It's extremely complicated."

He nodded and squeezed me tighter. "Hey, Chris?" he asked, his cheek on my shoulder.

"Yeah?"

"I love you, too."

~.~.~.~

"Can you come over again, babe?" Luke asked through the phone.

"Mmm. I don't know, are we going to play spin the bottle again?"

"No. The guys aren't here, and Charlie has no idea that you're coming over. My parents are gonna be gone, and Charlie is the only one here with me."

I stroked my chin dramatically, even though he can't see me. Jake gave me a weird look from the couch, which I returned by sticking my tongue out at him. "Okay. But it's just a 'you and me' day, alright?" I said, frowning with a smile.

"Kay. See you in a bit, babe."

The line clicked dead and I put my phone back in my pocket. I walked over to the couch and sat next to Jake. "So? What's going on?" he asked, gesturing for me to just spit it all out at once.

"I'm going over, but you aren't coming. Don't worry about me, though. Charlie will be there," I replied.

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Just give me a hug."

I leaned over and wrapped my arms around his neck, giving him a tight squeeze. I went to pull away, and got a kiss on the cheek in return.

I gave him a weird look and stood up, grabbing my keys. I walked out to my car and started up the engine, hearing the soft purr that I've missed for days.

~.~.~.~

"Chris!" Charlotte greeted.

"Hey, Charlotte! Where's Luke?" I asked, looking in the house.

She stepped aside and allowed me through. "Should be upstairs, weightlifting."

I smiled and ran up the stairs. I went into his small weight room and stood in the doorway, watching him finish up his benching.

He set the bar up and sat up, wiping off his sweat with his grey shirt. "Luke!" I said, walking over to him.

"Hey, Chris!" he said with his adorable smile.

I walked over to him and gave him a kiss. He pulled away quickly and looked deep into my eyes for a moment. "I need to shower before all of this happens, just go and wait in my room for me," he said, walking passed me and into the bathroom.

Before all of this happens? What's that suppose to mean? I know that he doesn't want sex from me.... or so I think.

What if he DOES? I can see Kyle now, even Jake, yelling at me that I'm doing wrong.

I walked into his room and sat in his moon chair. I pulled out my phone and texted Riley.

Me: Hey, Riley. I need to ask you something.