TWENTY FOUR

Jake grabbed both of my cheeks and pulled me in for a kiss. But this time, I wouldn't lecture him about cheating, or pull away. I will simply let this kiss happen, even if I'm cheating on Luke.

The kiss felt like I traveled from the moon and back. It was long, sweet, and... caring. It let me know that Jake was there for me, no matter what goes on in my fucked up life.

He pulled away and looked into my eyes, resting his forehead on my own. "I fucking love you, too," he said, smiling like a kid in a candy store.

My face lit up, a blush forming on my cheeks. Where do we go from here? I can't leave. I can't do anything about the information that was just handed to me.

"Do you want to go to my room, and sleep?" he asked, kissing me once more.

"Sure. But sleep is the only thing you get to do with me tonight," I said, sarcasm clear in my tone.

"No, I thought we were gonna fuck all night long until my parents come home and hear us."

I hit him lightly on the shoulder and ran up the stairs. But clearly, Jake has longer legs than me, and he ran track for two years, and was a linebacker in football for three years.

He grabbed me around my waist before I could touch the stairs, and he turned me around, kissing me once again.

I poked him hard in his neck, making him let go, allowing me to run away to get my side of the bed before he could.

I ran in his room and hid under the covers, waiting for him to just come in and land on me.

He simply laid next to me and put his head on my lap, looking up into my eyes.

"I'm sorry that I never dumped Luke for you when I had the chance," I said, leaning down to give him another kiss.

"It's okay. Do you want to see something?" he asked, sitting up to look at me.

"What?" I asked back.

He walked over to his closet and pulled out a converse shoe box, one that I gave him to put his secret shit in. "I have something that I want to show you."

He opened the box and held it on his lap as he sat down. He pulled out a metal, circular thing that caught my eye. "What is that?" I asked, eyeing the small metal thing.

"What do you think it is, Chris?" he asked in a duh tone.

"A piece of metal?"

"No shit, Sherlock. What would I share with you?"

"Love?"

"Dumbass," he muttered under his breath. "Weed."

"You mean, marajuana?"

"Weed, dope, pot, hash, whatever you fricken want to call it."

"I thought you didn't want to."

He handed me the metal thing and I inspected it. "In America, we call it a pipe," Jake said, making it sound like he was talking to someone in Asia or something.

He pulled out a plastic bag filled with weed, opening it up and smelling it. He grabbed some and held it next to the pipe I was holding. "Give it to me," he said, holding out his free hand.

He stuffed the weed in the opening part of the metal pipe, and lighting it up with a lighter.

He sucked in and I watched the ashes of the green stuff light up and turn a bright red-orange.

"Here. Just inhale like you would air," he said, handing me the pipe.

"Okay," I said, taking it from his hands and bringing my lips up to where he did.