[22] ✽ The Rumours ✽

{new chapter! ✉}

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS (Rap Line) - DDaeng●

"Here are your orders miss."

"Thank you." You replied to the receptionist while quickly grabbing the paper bag in your hands.

You could still hear some few whispers and some eyes on you but deliberately ignoring them, you successfully made your way out of the cafeteria.

Releasing a heavy breath which you held in from before, you could only hope for no more commotion today as you waited for the elevator.

"Miss Yuna?"

You turned to your side, expressions changing from a frown to a smile as the person smiled and bowed at you, her short hair bouncing lightly.

"Hey Sunmi." You greeted your junior, Lee Sunmi, the receptionist as she cheerfully smiled at you.

"For boss?" She asked while pointing at the paper bag of coffees you just bought.

You nodded, noticing that she was also holding a few files which you assumed were needed to be delivered to Mr. Park for the new work.

"Actually Mr. Jeon has a guest so I bought coffee for them."

You explained to her as Sunmi nodded in understanding as both of you climbed on the same lift and she pressed the floor buttons.

"Ah, I see. Is that guest perhaps someone you know?"

You scrunched your face in confusion, wondering how she knew about Jin. Maybe she heard the rumours but you decided to play innocent to see if she knows anything more.

"Not that I know but why?" You asked innocently while she frowned.

"Well I heard some employees saying that he saved you from falling and hugged you in front of everyone so I assumed-"

Sunmi explained to you while yours eyes widened as the 'modified rumours' sounded really cheap, as if you were a gold digger which was a lie.

"Wait what? He never hugged me Sunmi! He merely saved me from falling because I was too clumsy that's all."

"Are you sure?" Sunmi asked, her sharp eyes totally showing that she was suspicious of you.

"Yes. Check the CCTV if you need." You answered annoyed at her while rolling your eyes.

How can people make a small rumour into such big issue within 5 minutes? That was simply stupid, to believe in a widespread rumour and accuse people of something untrue.

"Sorry miss. I just wanted to be sure because there are alot of rumours around."

"I don't understand why people are wasting their time with such a fuss of news that Mr. Seokjin is here." You muttered curiously.

"Oh well, Mr. Kim is a killer for his good looks and there has been a rumor that he never laid his eyes on any girl yet so I guess people went crazy when they saw you with him."