41. A Night Well Spent

Start from the beginning

"Shivaay?" she pondered upon the last few words he said. Perhaps he did not put much thought to it while speaking but it made her heart flutter like never before.

"What now?" he asked slightly annoyed. Annika smiled a bit. It was her birthday and she actually wanted to be with her husband rather than Rudra's friends or even her friend for that matter. She wasn't upset over the fact that she couldn't be where Rudra wanted her to be or where her friend wanted her to be because she was where she wanted to be. Thus there was no point pretending to be mad at Shivaay for his stunt.

"I never thought you will do something like this," she shrugged her shoulders when she received a glare from his side, "I mean you don't seem like someone who will kidnap someone from a party. Or even snatch my phone to stop me from talking to my friend"

"You are my wife, so it's not kidnapping. About your friend, sorry for her but I have the right to wish you and spend time with you first" Shivaay made it sound easy.

"Whatever it is, for the lack of a better word, you did pick me up without my permission. And snatching my phone was  rude" she said.

He nodded. She expected him to come up with a good reply however he remained silent. He walked up to a part of the mansion she never explored. She only followed hoping he had a good plan under his sleeves for she sacrificed a party and her friend's call to be with him.

Her heart and mind both reprimanded her as soon as that thought came in the back of her head. They both knew she wanted to be with him over anything else

***

A series of stairs followed. In her three months minus a week of her living in the mansion, she never knew this part existed. Shivaay, who was grabbing her hand, took her upstairs. He took out a key from his trousers' pocket and opened the door of the terrace. December breeze kissed her face as soon as she stepped in.

He sat on the swing and patted the place beside him for her to sit. She chose to keep standing for she had not yet memorized the view of the city from this terrace by heart.

'It's beautiful," she exclaimed with a big smile now plastered on her lips. He smiled in return.

"I agree," came his reply.

By now she was worried about his silence. Did she hurt him? But she was only kidding. He was kidding with her too. Then where was the problem?

"I did not know this part of the terrace existed," by now she was feeling cold. It was the month of December and winter in Mumbai was as cold as ice. She hugged herself to gain as much warmth as possible.

"Annika, why don't you come here?" he patted the spot beside her once again. Annika took a last view of the city from up there before walking up to sit in the swing beside Shivaay.

She glanced at him gazing at the stars in the sky. His eyes were stuck at two in particular. She became a little too emotional herself seeing a star. Not a single tear escaped the eyes for the emotion was too heavy to be felt through tears.

"You like stargazing?" her curious self made her ask. Then there was the urgent need to come out of her emotional self as well that made her engage Shivaay in a conversation.

Shivaay finally moved his eyes from the sky and deeply looked at Annika.

"Not really, but sometimes I do. It refreshes childhood memories," he pushed her into a pit full of curiosity. His words provided her with a key to his different self. Yet she was too adamant to believe that there could be a different side in him out of the concrete and self-centered businessman who only cared for people like him.