I tense for a quick second but slowly release a breath and drop my arms around her. "You're killing me do you know that?"

"You'll never die. You're too mean."

She pulls back after a while and tugs me to the room, and I follow like I'm brainless. She stops in front of the bed and pushes me on, picks up some chips from the dressing table and plops down beside me.

I fight the urge to, but then meet her eyes again with a burning question. "Tell me one thing."

"Mmhmm?" She pauses pulling open the pack of chips.

"What have you wanted most in this world?"

My question made her freeze completely. She tips her head down and takes her time thinking, before muttering "it's stupid."

Nothing can cloud the conflict in her eyes through the dim light of the lamp. "To be truly loved." She continued. "And not blindly."

She looked at me. "And thank you for giving to me."

———

~SHY POV~

Morning after morning. I don't think I could ever tire of laying in his arms. Here, I don't have to be strong. I don't have to live alone in the agony of knowing nobody cares, because he does.

"Enzo?" I ask reluctantly, the sunlight bleeding onto his skin as he moves into it and sets his phone aside. He sits up and leans against the headboard.

"Yeah?"

I paused, thinking of what to say. "Why me?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why me..... of all women in love with you?"

I looked up at him, his lazy eyes darkening in thought. "I don't feel alone with you. I understand you in ways that remind me of myself. I'm...in love with everything you do. "

"Yours?" I ask.

His eyes met with mine, warmth starting to grow within them. "You were mine from the second you walked into my life."

A glistening smile widened on my mouth, my fingers mindlessly running down his arm. "Promise me you'll never leave me?"

"I'm never going to leave you-"

"Promise me."

His thumb ran across my cheek. "I promise. And no more running from me, understood?"

"You'd find me."

The deep certainty of his voice made the hairs behind my neck stand. "I would."

He pauses, looking away. "I'm leaving for New York in a few days."

His words bounced around the room, putting an unease in me that made me swallow. He promised he wouldn't leave me, and I never doubted him but what would this mean for us?

Is this world putting another wedge between us?

A silence of uncertainty filling the air, he moved his arm towards his side table, opened the drawer and pulled something out. I couldn't see it properly until it came closer - a ring box.

My jaw dropped open. As he moved back towards me I sat up and held my mouth, before he said the two words I never thought I'd hear a man say to me with conviction.

"Marry me."

Words couldn't escape my mouth. My lips even moved to talk but nothing came out.

I think I stayed like this for a whole minute, the more time that went by the more the warm passion in his eyes died down.

I sat up to straddle him, holding his shoulders and watching his expression fade.

I know Enzo had his doubts considering I constantly pushed him away, but every time I did the hole in my heart grew deeper. I wasn't going to make that mistake again.

I smashed my lips against his. I knew he didn't expect it, but he quickly gave in and cupped my face, bringing me closer to him.

I pulled away just a little so our lips were still grazing. This gave him a chance to study my eyes, see if there was any doubt or uneasiness in them, but there wasn't any.

"I love you Enzo, I'll love you forever."

"Is that a yes?"

I laugh out loud. "Yes! Yes yes yes!"

He opened the ringbox, watching my eyebrows rise.

"Wow." I breathed seeing the white gold ring. It was shiny and simple, he knew me too well. He pulled it out and I noticed something on the inside of the ring.

"What's this?" I asked. He held the ring up to show me some engraved writing on the inside, but it was in italian.

A grin on my face I stuck my hand out, my heart racing as he slipped the ring onto my finger. His fingers lingered on mine.

"Mio per sempre." He muttered, his eyes getting lost within mine. A fire burned around the edges of them, licking at the flames on my skin. "Forever mine."

A breath of joy left my mouth, and I wrapped my arms around him with everything in me.

We might have began hating each other, but Enzo was the one who showed me all I ever needed was love. A love so real, it would completely change my view on this world.

He made me feel, made me human. He loved every part of me like I did him.

And now that I have him, I am never letting him go.

The end.

/////////

Thank you so much for reading!! Pls remember this is one of my first stories and my skills are still underdeveloped here, but I hope you enjoyed!!