Chapter 22

"Oh my god!" Roman exclaimed as he ran into his lodge, with me and Jade following behind.

Jade started to jump on the couch as Roman ran around and looked at everything with excitement. It was like I'd just brought orphan kids to Disneyland.

They scattered everywhere, opening every cupboard and drawer with fascination. The lodge actually seemed pretty decent, with a kitchen, bedroom and bathroom.

I was expecting a soggy cabin with bugs and mould, but this was the complete opposite. I took a look into the bedroom, puzzled seeing only one single bed.

"Guys, how are we all going to fit here?"

"Oh, this is a single cabin for Roman. I'm staying with Kai in a double cabin." Jade said. She was the one who was in charge of assigning cabins.

"Okay, so where's my cabin." I asked.

We went outside, and she pointed towards where my cabin was. All of the cabins were positioned to make a giant circle, and in the center of the circle was a large place for a camp fire with log seats surrounding it.

I then went towards my cabin, holding my heavy bag full of my clothes and items for the week here.

I didn't bring my phone, as painful as it was. I couldn't risk Theo tracking me down and dragging me home.

I climbed up the few wooden steps and then entered my cabin. It looked almost like Romans, with a kitchen, living area, and bathroom.

I went to the bedroom to drop my bag off, but I frowned with confusion seeing a double bed instead of a single one.

More space for me, I thought as a smile formed on my mouth. I was at that point in my life where I saw a double bed as a luxury.

I plopped my bag onto my bed and unzipped it. Jade was amazing for assigning me this cabin.

I'd just started pulling my clothes out, when I heard some footsteps approaching. I abruptly whipped around.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Enzo said as his facial expression turned dull.

"Erm, this is my cabin Enzo." I said as I crossed my arms.

"No, this is my cabin Shy."

"Look, cabin 213 it says right here." I showed him my tag, before he held his tag up. Number 213.

"What the fuck?" I asked, scratching my head.

"What's going on?"

"I don't know ask-" I paused, knowing the one person who'd be brave enough to get me into this situation. "Jade."

I was going to kill her. I popped my head out of my cabin door and spotted Jade holding a clipboard.

"Jade! I need to talk to you!"

She turned her head to look at me, before starting to speed walk away.

"Hey! Come back here." I called out as I pointed a finger at her. When I reached her, she stopped and faced me.

"Oh, hello Shy." She said in an overly sweet voice. "Is there a problem?"

I flicked a thick strand of hair away from my face. The stick heat was already getting to me.

"Yes I have a problem." I sternly said, gesturing towards my cabin.

She lowered her head slightly with guilt. This definitely was not a mix-up.

"Jade." I breathed giving her a death glare which she avoided her eyes from.

"I'm sorry okay? But I had to!" She admitted, covering her eyes with her hand. A deep exhale left my mouth.

"There aren't any more cabins?"

"I'm sorry. But I promise you'll thank me later." She quickly gave me a wink before hurrying away.

I turned back into the cabin, placing my hand on my head with panic. Once I entered I paced around the room as Enzo watched like I was entertainment.

"I'm going back." I whispered to myself. "I'm going back."

"The buses went back already."

"I'll walk."

"Good luck with that, it was a 10 hour drive through the mountains here."

"Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get eaten by a pack of Wolves." I muttered. I stormed out of my cabin and hurried to Romans.

———

"I'm so sorry Shy. I had no idea Jade did that." Roman said, watching me like he was waiting fir me to break so he could gather the pieces.

I exhaled as I laid back on his bed and stared at the ceiling. "This week better go by fast."

———

After spending some time at Romans cabin, it became night. I returned back to my cabin feeling unsure of what to do now.

It was quiet, too quiet, I thought as I walked into the bedroom. Maybe he left.

I started to unpack some of my things, and pulled out my toiletries.

"Body lotion, face wash...." I collected my stuff and then walked to the bathroom. I stopped just outside the door, noticing it slightly open and steam escaping from the inside.

Puzzled, I pushed it open and walked in....

My eyes fell upon a body. Chiseled to perfection and glossed with water. A shiny layer over intricate tattoos had stretched over muscular arms and faded away to reveal a toned body.

Within a millisecond it had dawned on me that I was stupid.

"Holy shit!" I cursed, snapping my hand to my eyes to cover them and dropping my toiletries on the ground.

"Might as well take a picture signora." He said with amusement. Thank god I didn't see any lower than his waist.

I bolted right out of the bathroom before uncovering my eyes. "Who the fuck showers with the door open?"

"I thought you left." He replied as the shower turned off.

"Why would I leave without my bag?"

The door opened, and he walked out in just a towel. Fuck me.

I tried hard not to look at him, still not getting the images of his wet tattooed torso out of my head.

"You can look you know?" He teased.

"No." I crossed my arms and went into the bedroom. Pulling out my clothes from my bag, I started to fold them up and put them in the wardrobe before he walked in.

I stayed silent, trying to avoid looking in his direction as he got dressed.

"Leave half of the wardrobe for me, I've got a lot of shirts."

"Yea sure. I'll give you 4 hangers, leave it or take it." I scoffed.

"No, we should get half each." He stubbornly said.

I dared to turn around and look at him, glaring at his eyes. He only had pants on, so he wasn't fully dressed.

"That isn't going to do anything." He scowled. "And what are you even going to put in there, this?" He lifted up my lace bra, making my jaw drop.

I stormed up to him, ignoring the heat that was rushing to my cheeks. I tried snatching it out of his hands as he held it up.

I finally got it, and quickly stuffed it into my bag.

"Relax signora. It's hot."

"I'll show you what's hot." I snapped before punching his shoulder. He froze, his icy eyes darkening.

My stomach did an entire flip as I saw the black grow in his eyes. I already knew what he was going to do, but it was too late to run away.