Epilogue

The bitterness of the salty air was just what I needed. Combined with the warm wind, it was paradise to me.

The waves crashed against the shore, roaring with every movement. But my focus was on the words I was reading.

My fingers intertwined with Enzo's, my back resting on the soft sand underneath. It had been 6 months since our wedding. Mine and Enzo's family still attended, but nobody was too joyful.

It didn't matter anyway, I had Enzo. He was everything I needed.

He taught me how to soar. How to feel. He promised to show me the world, and kept his word. Hawaii was the 3rd place on my list so here we were.

My eyebrows creased reading a steamy sentence. My book was getting intense.

I couldn't ever imagine myself getting lost in one, yet here I was ignoring the beautiful view for this romance novel.

Enzo looked at me with almost concern, before grabbing my book off of me. "Hey." I complained, trying to get it back from him as he scanned the pages.

A shark grin formed on his mouth, god did it make my heart flutter every time. He started reading the words out aloud as I tried to reach for the book, but it was too late.

"When his lips touched her neck, the shiver that shot through her body was enough to make her want to summit to his darkness."

I bit my smile down, his eyes turning to mine in a mischievous way. "I can do more than that signora." He spoke, his husky voice and words sending shivers down my spine.

"Oh yeah? Do it then." I dared. But when he reached for my waist I got up and ran away from him.

"You're gonna have to work for it." I teased and didn't expect him to get up and chase me. I rushed away from him, laughs leaving my mouth and stomach tickling wildly.

My feet hit the wet sand as I got closer to the water, running through the waves. Glancing back occasionally I knew he was getting to me. So much for being the fastest track runner in high school.

He grabbed my waist and we both fell onto the ground, laughing like idiots as I landed on top of him. And when Enzo laughed, the air always sparked with a tingling that gave me butterflies.

"You're insane!" I exclaimed. He rolled over me so he was on top, his eyes locked onto mine. The mirth in his eyes started to mix with something else, something vehement and true.

He pressed his lips against mine, kissing me in a lazy yet possessive way. "And you're mine. All mine."

-
-
-
-
-
Authors note: thank you so much for reading this book and for supporting me! I couldn't have ever gotten this far without you, thank you!

I hope you enjoyed 🤍