Chapter 54

"Be careful in here, these people are monsters." Enzo warned as I lowered my eyebrows. "They'll snatch a girl from anywhere and sell her."

"I'd like to see them try." I scoffed. We entered the club, and Enzo placed his hand around my waist protectively. I looked down at his hand, and then at his face. A dark expression returned to it and his aura became cold and distant.

Heads turned as we walked through, until we went to the side towards a young man wearing a suit. He had a huge scar on his face stretching from his cheek to his lips diagonally.

"Ruben." Enzo said in a dry voice. "You wanted to meet."

"Lorenzo Santini." He replied. "How are you?"

"Get to the damn point."

I looked off at the club, my hand in Enzo's as his conversation drowned out. This club seemed sketchy, almost eery in a way. It reeked of sweat and alcohol, and was crawling with mostly men.

My ears opened up as I heard a sentence from their conversation.

"You're going to kill someone for me, Theo Solace."

My chest tightened as I heard Theo's name, and I looked at Enzo. What the fuck? I almost slipped my hand out of Enzo's to butt in but he tightened his grip.

"You'll start a war with the Americans."

"I'm not with the Cosa Nostra so I don't give a fuck." The man spat. I remained silent, knowing that Enzo would refuse.

"You will give a fuck when I put a bullet in your fucking head!" Enzo snapped with anger.

"I know your father hated Vinnie. And besides, you'll finally get to take your hatred out on them. Didn't they kill your family members, your grandmother?" The man asked grimly, knowing he would affect Enzo by saying those words, but he didn't.

I almost felt quite ashamed that my fathers men killed Enzo's grandmother, I had no idea. And still Enzo didn't feel any hatred towards me. It was confusing, wasn't he supposed to be hating me?

"Do well to follow my exact request. I won't tolerate any loose threads."

Enzo's glare became deadly, even I shivered. "I'll have you know I don't take threats from anyone."

"Okay it's not a threat." The man breathed, starting to avoid his eyes. "But you owe me a favour for saving your mens lives."

Silence. Apart from the disgustingly loud music, god what the hell was this song?

"I'll do it." Enzo said, making me shoot my eyes towards him which shock. "But any fuck ups and I destroy you and your little gang. Understood?"

I couldn't believe him. How could he? Theo is my brother and the only family member I love. The one who used to stand up to my father for me. The one who would decorate the house for my birthdays that my parents forgot about as a child.

"I understand." The man replied. "And try to get rid of that sister of his, Shailene."

Was this old putrid smelling man for real? Is he really so thick headed that he couldn't recognise me. Maybe it was for the best, but the audacity of him.

Enzo gave my hand a light squeeze. "Will do." He replied coldly.

I snatched my hand away from Enzo's, staring at him with wide eyes before walking away. He followed me but I left through the doors and onto the streets.

"Shy." He called out from behind. "Shy get back here!"

He stormed after me before grabbing my wrist. "No!" I said as I tried pulling it away from him.

"Let me explain."

"Don't touch me!" I snapped and ran hurried away from him. I heard him coming behind me but I didn't stop. I then tripped over my damn heels and fell onto the ground.

I tried to stand up. I desperately hurried and started running again but Enzo had already caught up to me. He then grabbed my arm and yanked me back.

"Stop running!" He yelled.

To my dismay he threw me over his shoulder, and I knew I was fucked now.

"Put me down!" I ordered, but he ignored me. He walked towards a his car and opened the passenger door before throwing me in.

Before I could unlock the seatbelt he quickly jumped in and rammed up the engine, driving off harshly.

I crossed my arms and remained still, hoping to escape when the car stops at wherever he was taking me.

After a short ride, the car stopped outside his hotel we were staying at. There was no way in the world I was going back, I had to go home and warn Theo.

As soon as the car stopped, I pushed the door open and bolted out. As I ran I wasn't thinking straight and my head smashed against a lamppost.

"Well that was smart wasn't it." Enzo said sarcastically as he casually walked up to me. I stood up and tried running again but he stopped in front of me.

"Not so fast." He said and threw me over his shoulder.

"You're going to pay for this." I spat as he walked into the hotel, feeling the eyes of everyone in the lobby on us.

After going up the elevator and entering his suite he still didn't put me down. "Let go of me you asshole!"

He rolled his eyes before placing me down. Instantly I ran to the door and tried opening it, but it was locked. I looked for the key, before I turned to Enzo to see him holding it up.

He put it in his pocket, as I crossed my arms. "What are you going to do now? Kill me?!"

"I'm not going to fucking kill you!"

"Then what was that little deal in the club huh!? Is it so you can get more goddamn money than you already have?"

"I don't want money!"

"Whatever Enzo, I hate you!"

"I hate you too babe!" He snapped.

"I hate you more!"

"I don't doubt it!"

We both paused, the air thick and hot. I looked away from his direction, I was so goddamn angry. I just felt like slapping him, or kissing him.

I sigh, sitting at the edge of the bed and fixing my hair. Arguing won't solve anything.