Chapter 51

Sounds like he just discovered that corpse.

His footsteps got closer to us, and Enzo grabbed my hand. I looked down at our adjoined hands, and then at Enzo.

"SHAILENE!!!" My father yelled. Me and Enzo both made a run for it, but it was a little hard considering I was wearing this long ass dress.

I tripped over, falling forward but just before I hit the ground Enzo caught me.

We chuckled as I grabbed onto his arms and tried to stand up.

We held hands again as we ran through the hall, my father voice following us.

We got into another hallway, and he didn't wait a second before he grabbed my face and smashed his lips against mine.

I took my hands and placed them behind his head, pulling him closer to me.

Everything melted away, causing my body to grow numb. Our tongues brushed each other as we passionately kissed, neither of us having the strength to pull away not even for a breath.

The sound of footsteps made us snap out of our trance and whip our heads around. "My father." I muttered.

We dashed away, quickly looking for a another secret spot. Enzo tripped over my dress and almost fell as I burst out into laughter.

"Get up you idiot." I giggled as I helped him up. We both spotted the elevator and exhanged a look, before my fathers footsteps got extremely close.

"Shit!" I cursed.

We ran to the elevator and as soon as the doors closed me and Enzo grabbed each other's faces and passionately kissed. His hand gripped my waist possessively, making everything inside me ache.

The elevator dinged as it stopped at a random floor, and the doors opened.

We faced forward to get out, but stopped when we saw who stood waiting for us. My father.

"SHY!!" He breathed, his face red with anger. He then saw Enzo, and he looked like he was about to Explode.

"Father." I muttered.

"SANTINI!!!???"

I looked at Enzo, before grabbing his hand and running past my father.

"Hurry!" I told Enzo as my father started chasing us, thrill coursing through my veins.

"STOP! THE BOTH OF YOU!" He called out from behind. He started running after us, and a chuckle left my mouth knowing he was too slow.

Me and Enzo reached the front lobby, before I tripped over my dress.

"Shit!" Enzo cursed as he stopped. I tried getting up but kept tumbling forward.

"Shy?!" Theo asked, and I looked back to see him and my father approaching in the distance.

"GET THEM!!" My father called out.

Enzo quickly threw me into his arms bridal style, before running out of the front door.

He ran towards a shiny yellow sports car and opened the door, placing me inside before jumping into the drivers seat.

With lightning-like speed, Enzo turned the car on and we zoomed off, driving as far away from Solace Towers as possible.

We were both still breathless, but so much adrenaline was pumping through my veins. "I can't believe we just did that."

"I know." He replied with a grin on his face. We drove through the city, before he stopped on the Vegas strip.

"Come on." He said and took my hand as I got out of the car. He lead me towards one of the buildings, which was a hotel.

Santini hotels

My eyes widened at the sign. "You have hotels here?"

"Of course, here and Italy." He shrugged. The building looked very luxurious and modern on the outside.

The entire area was surrounded by hotels, and the bright city lights stood out against the dark sky.

We walked into the building, and everyone turned their heads towards us. All of the staff acknowledged Enzo by either greeting him or nodding their heads.

We went into an elevator, Enzo's large hand encapsulating mine and letting all of my thoughts melt away.

The doors opened at the highest floor of the 70 floor sky scraper, and revealed a lavish round hallway with a double door in the centre.

We walked towards the door, me lingering behind him as he unlocked it. After he pushed it open, it revealed a large hotel room, or suite that made my lips part.

"Wow." I exclaimed as we walked in. I hurried towards the wall of windows, the colourful lights of Las Vegas making me euphoric. I'd never seen the city from this much of a height before.

He turned the lights on, and stalked behind me before wrapping his arms around my waist. His face rested on my shoulder, making me close my eyes.

I turned to face him, before inching my mouth close to his. "What would you do if someone else touched me?"

"I'd kill them." He replied in an eerily calm way. I grinned and pressed my lips to his, and he instantly leaned in to me.

He lifted me up and carried me to the bed, before promising to make me beg for him.

———

The morning after 3 sessions, I awoke to Enzo playing with my hair. "Morning grumpy."

"Morning playboy." I replied, before seeing he was in thought.

"What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking I want to take you to dinner."

I blinked at his words, hiding how much I actually liked them. "That's impossible Enzo. Do you remember our first and last dinner?"

"We were being watched by Kyle and Jade."

"And what about Theo and his men?" I asked. Theo wasn't all for killing Enzo before, but now that I ran away with him he definitely would be.

"Do I need to remind you I am again Shy?"

I exhaled, before getting out of bed. "You're ego's going to get you killed one day."

I headed into the bathroom. The first thing I did was catch a glimpse of my engagement ring. After staring at it with disgust, I pulled it off and threw it in the toilet.

It was amazingly fun watching it get sucked away into a sewage where it belonged.

"Did you just flush your engagement ring?" Enzo asked, and I turned to see him standing at the door with crossed arms and an amused look on his face.

"Don't act like you aren't happy."