Chapter 37

Obviously, I knew that glare was from Enzo. Nobody else had eyes intense enough to make me shudder. Except this time, they weren't murderous. They were dry, disinterested. Maybe that was what made it deadlier.

Regardless, I ignored them.

Tristian looked down at where I was touching him. "Take a guess."

"Hm. You got bitten by a snake."

A chuckle left his mouth.  "Try again."

He slipped his hand over mine unexpectedly, my body tensing up at the movement. But I didn't feel butterflies or the fast beat of my heart. All I could feel was disappointment.

My eyes drift off. I guess I just wanted to prove to myself that any other man could make me feel what Enzo could.

Me and Tristian talked more, and when I got tired of the party I decided to leave early before Tristian got the chance to kiss me. He gave me his phone number on a napkin. I knew I wasn't interested, but I took it anyway.

After I entered my dorm, I didn't even bother turning the lights on before kicking my heels off. I sat on my bed in the complete darkness, pulling my phone out.

I knew Diane wasn't in, she was at the party too. I bet she was getting more action than me, lucky her. As I stalked Tristians instagram out of boredom I couldn't help but think about that Santini, the last person I wanted on my mind.

My hand rubbed my eye with frustration. As much as I tried pushing the thoughts away, they burned my subconscious as much as his imprints did on my body. I was so conflicted, my mind said one thing and my body another.

Tossing my phone aside I sat up, room lit by nothing but the glow of dim streetlights through my window. My hands ran over cold legs, trying warm myself.

It's funny. I was a cold ass killer and once I let him inside of me, and his warmth could be still feel  everywhere.

My head rested against the window. I followed raindrops as they trailed down, wondering how I would be if I were raised like every other person here. Maybe I'd be able to feel.

I hope the rain would lessen the thoughts racing through my mind before there was a knock at the door. Diane must have forgotten her keys.

I ran my hand through my hair and got up, swinging the door open and feeling my heart stop for just a second.

I'd never seen blue eyes as stormy as these. Enzo was the last person I'd expect to see, but then again the universe always did shove us together. I should have expected this.

It was too dark so see anything. I could only see the shadows of his eerily calm face from the hallway light - but his eyes were what got to me. I had never seen them so dark, so vehement that a shudder shook my body.

"I see you've been with the jail runaway."

"Are you jealous?"

His jaw ticked a little. He stepped inside, probably expecting me to move but I remained firm. I thought I was doing good before his front touched mine and I regretted my decision.

"Play with him." He reached out and gently stroked a piece of hair aside, his touch very different from his tone.

And then it sank in. He didn't want to hurt me.